Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Like a big round spitball - hok-ptuu!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Like a big round spitball - hok-ptuu!
Daniel Cowman
Member # 34294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel Cowman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if anyone will get the reference. :p

Hello citizens of the Scarleteen metropolis. Hope you are all doing well tonight. Despite my username, I am in fact something like a female. But you can call me Daniel Cowman. It just works better that way.

So let's see. Who am I? I am nineteen years old. I go to a university, where I am an art major. Art is something I've wanted to do as a career since I was... about five or six. I had short periods of time where I wanted to be a sexologist or an anthropologist, but darnit, art's better (for me). I love to draw, and painting is fun as well. I want to learn how to do glasswork, but that is pricey so I will have to wait on that.

I am a feminist. Oh yes. Hear me roar. ;P The professor I had for Intro to Women's Studies last year LOVED me. I can't wait to go back to school so I can drop by her office and talk. I'm a total loser like that. *grin* I never did that while I was in her class, but she's not teaching any of my classes fall semester so I think it's okay to go say hi.

I was raised Catholic but am now agnostic. Sometimes I feel more like an atheist, though. I guess it depends on the day. My mother is pretty hardcore Catholic; she converted when she married my father. My father is dead now. But she kept the religion thing going anyway because she promised my dad that she would raise us (my brother and me) Catholic. I think she feels a little let down because I'm agnostic. But I can't force myself to believe something.

I'm polyamorous because I am prone to twitterpatedness with multiple people and don't want to hurt anybody by claiming monogamy. I think that is the responsible thing to do. I strive to be responsible in my romantic relationships and I think pragmatism is the best lenscap with which to view matters of love. I mean, I'm cool with being happy, but I want to be realistic as well.

I'm bisexual. I am not quite sure if this is apparent by looking at me. Some people don't think about it and assume I'm straight. But I have short hair and wear guy's clothes most of the time, so some other people think I'm a lesbian. Well HAH! You're both wrong! XP I think there's some degree of invisibility that comes with being bisexual, unless you are very affectionate with your friends at parties. Which is not something I really feel up to. I don't need to prove myself.

I don't really know what else to say. Mostly I am here for questions about sex, because I have questions, and for the honest atmosphere, because that is always a nice thing to come across. So.

[ 06-14-2007, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Cowman ]

"I have come to believe over and over again, that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood." - Audre Lourde

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 30451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg[atron]     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Daniel Cowman! Your display name is surely unique!

I love art, Im not exactly sure what I want to do with my life, but art and medicine are definitly in that future picture!

I was wondering, what do you like to draw? What mediums do you prefer?

My stepmom is a professor and she teaches Women Studies. When I have off from school, sometimes I'll go to her class just to hear her lecture. yea, I'm wierd that way. But hey, its better to be yourself.

Have you ever considered taking more specialized classes in Women Studies?

Who is perfect in the eyes of perfection?

Posts: 42 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.