Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Guitar Playing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guitar Playing
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone playing guitar here ? If so, for how long did you played ? What kind of songs do you play on guitar ? [Roll Eyes]

Me, I've been playing for almost 3 two years now. I am able to play every Michelle Branch's and Avril's Lavigne's songs. I used to really like their songs but now it's starting to get old. I still love them but they are kind of taking a break from their career right now. I also play some Simple Plan, Blink 182, Green Day and some other random songs.

[ 07-05-2006, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been playing for several years now, but have recently learning to play better. It takes practice.

I can play two Killswitch Engage Songs, part of Tainted Love, Thunderstruck by ACDC, I am working on Bloodwork by 36 Crazy fists, and I can play some soft rock songs and a few country songs (for my dad [Smile] )

I can play Iris by Goo Goo Dolls and a few of their other songs

I can play a lot of matchbox twenty songs including Push (Which was my aunt Gena's favorite)

I have been converting my poems to songs, so basically now I just make up my own music.

It's a better feeling when you play a song completely thorugh that was made up out of your own creativity and talent rather than someone else's.

[Smile]

Mainly, I play rock and heavy metal.

I like the KoRn song "Ya'll want a single" so I am trying to play that at the moment [Big Grin]

I also want to mention that my boyfriend is a drummer, so we get together in his basement sometimes and just make up crazy riffs and beats.

I let my fingers go wild and he is over there stomping his feet on the double base and swinging his arms around. It's nuts [Razz]

[ 07-06-2006, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: oOo Lea oOo ]

--------------------
And I say thank you for the scars
And the guilt and the pain
Every tear I've never cried
Has sealed your fate.
Did you take me for a fool
or were you just too blind to see
that every effort made has failed
and there is no destroying me?
Atreyu

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can play Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
That's so great ! :) I litteraly love that song. It's one of my favorites.

I'd love to play it but don't know quite how. Do you use a capo ? If so on what fret ?
And which guitar tab do you use ? I've heard that the goo-goo dolls were using old techniques for that song which could potantially cause damage to your guitar's chords.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing for about two years. I play a lot of Elliott Smith stuff, which is mainly acoustic, as well as some AC/DC among others.
Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakee
Neophyte
Member # 34589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jakee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been playing for a couple of years... I love to play Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold... some metal. But I also play stuff like Classical Gas by Eric Clapton. I am amazing at the guitar! [Smile]
Posts: 2 | From: Ajax, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacii-Jayd
Neophyte
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacii-Jayd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been playing for nearly two years, i play stuff like greenday, guns n roses. snow patrol, razorlight, my chemical romance, muse....
i really really want to play heavier stuff like bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, aiden.... i also play bass too [Smile]

--------------------
''i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exsits. i'm not a slave to the world that doesn't give a s****''-Marilyn Manson

Posts: 35 | From: UK, Lincolnshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silly cake
Neophyte
Member # 33977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silly cake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing for six years, and I really enjoy it! I have a guitar teacher, so I have alot of variety. Sometimes I play classical, sometimes pop, sometimes rock. I <3 guitar!!
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only been playing for half a year, but I can play Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's and Working Class Hero by John Lennon and Needle in the Hay by Elliot Smith... and a couple of other tunes. I'm trying to figure out how to play No Such Thing by John Mayer, currently. Blackbird will be the next song I'm gonna work on.

--------------------
"think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f***ing sharp knife to it."
- banksy

Posts: 58 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play! I've made it up as i've gone allong for a few years, I don't know at what point, trying to make chords sound like chords turned into "being able to play" but yaah!

I can play quite a few things, mostly my own songs, but being restricted to acoustic, I've ended up being especially influenced by other acoustic artists. Devendra Banhart is a big influence.

I had a gig yesterday, but today my guitar is broken [Frown] .

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.