Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Tasha :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tasha :)
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I'm kinda new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. Where to start... Ok, I'm 21 years old (finally!), brown hair--although it's now kind of reddish/purple, thanks to Clairol I left NYC (which I love to death!) to come to college in the midwest (which I don't like so much, but it's growing on me, i guess). I can hardly believe it, but I'll finally be graduating in June. Then I'm off to do..something. I haven't really decided what yet, although I eventually want to work for a non-profit organization or maybe do some kind of public policy work. In the meantime, I'm applying to AmeriCorps right now.

What else? People in my life: my two best girl friends, who I've known since grade school, my two ex-bfs, who i'm lucky enough to still remain very close friends with, my little nephew (courtesy of my oldest sister and her then-fiance, who has since moved out and not been very involved anymore), two wonderfully supportive parents, and some bar-buddies to hang out w here at school.

I love to write, talk on the phone, go fishing and snorkeling, dance (ballet stuff as well as the kind you do at clubs), go for long walks or bike rides, and make people laugh -- I have a really good sense of humor (although i'm often told it borders on sarcastic and smarta$$-y). Shopping is my one weakness -- I have a huge collection of shoes, and it just keeps growing, lol .

Random stuff:
Best place I ever visited: Cuba!
Dream car: old Chevy Nova I will fix up myself
Last book I read: Girlfriend in a Coma --very good!
Embarassing trait: I have the absolute loudest giggle ever. Once it starts, I can't stop it. oh well...
First things I pack in my suitcase anywhere I go: My knee-high 5-inch platform stretch boots, and my journal
Worst fortune cookie saying I ever got: "You are domestically inclined." ugh!

Thanks for reading! I'll write again when I have something more interesting to share.

--Tasha

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay, Tasha! Welcome to the boards. We are glad to have you, and we hope that you enjoy this site!

So relax, grab a healthy snack, and ENJOY!

PS. I like to go to clubs too. Do you like techno music?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey glitter-yeah, i do like techno, and alternative

so, I had fun plans to go out with my ex/friend tonite, but he somehow forgot this and agreed to go see a hockey game with some other people instead. When he realized it, i felt bad asking him to change his new plans, so i said fine, i would just go to the game with all of them. He came over for lunch earlier today, and then somehow we got into an argument over something silly, and he said something mean that really annoyed me. Now i don't want to talk to him, let alone go out w him tonite! grr... i hate it when stuff like that happens!

anyway, on a more pleasant note--so my friend and i had plans to go down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this weekend, but ran into a snag at the last minute, so we're gonna hafta postphone our little trip down south for a few weeks, I guess. Oh well, it will be warmer than anyhow! anybody who has been to New Orleans before have any advice or suggestions of must-visit places?

------------------

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tasha:
so, I had fun plans to go out with my ex/friend tonite, but he somehow forgot this and agreed to go see a hockey game with some other people instead.

Awww, go easy on the guy. After all, he likes hockey, so how bad could he be?

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

i *guess* ...

Anyway, I just got back from a 6-hr shift working at the gym...you'd think it would be a low-stress job, i'm just supposed to sit there and swipe IDs and make sure everyone is using the equipment right and administer first aid and stuff. But i swear, some days people just have the weirdest problems. Today I had TWO people lock their locker combinations inside their lockers, so we had to call up to have someone come by with a lock-cutter. But the blade was so worn it took like 30 minutes and quite a blister for me to break the locks. Then someone else lost an earring and was convinced it fell INSIDE the treadmill, and she wanted me to open it up and find it for her. I tried to explain to her patiently that you can't just pop the lid off and open it up, cuz you need special tools, but she was not very understanding. Oh, and then someone else stepped on a plug and bent it so much that now the whole machine is not usable ...so yeah, that's been my day so far.

Off to the library now to go write a paper that's due in -*gulp*- just a few hours. I knew I should have started it earlier! Monday's are always so hectic.

------------------

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

So, last nite I went downtown and went out for Mardi Gras. The whole bar-scene kinda creeped me out...lots of older women and a few younger girls dancing on top of bars? No thank you! I didn't really wanna be a part of that. So one of my guy friends and I left the group and just went to some cute little restaurant place a little off the main strip, and spent the nite talking and listening to a jazz band. I had such a better time there than at the other places.

I got lots of pretty beads, LOL, and now I'm trying to decide -- should I hang them on all my bed posts, or dangle them from the hooks on my ceilng? Decisions decisions... I'll do anything to avoid my hw for just a little bit longer!

------------------

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some of my beads haning from my cars rear view mirror.

Just an idea!

I wanted to go to the Mardi Gras here, but I didnt end up going. Oh well theres always next year! hehe

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

good idea! thanks
I also decided to cut a few necklaces open and hang the strands in one of my doorways, for a kinda beaded-curtain look

I had a pretty uneventful Valentine's Day. For some reason, I woke up on my own at 6:45 am. I figured I might as well do something productive with all that extra time, so I went to the gym. Then classes, meetings, ran some errands, cleaned my room, and then went to dinner with a friend. We went to this little place where you create your own stir fry and then they cook it up for you. So all the seating in there is 2-person tables, the high kind like with tall bar stools. They're really close together and so the waitress showed us to our table, and I sit down, and the guy at the table next to us looks up and goes "Hi, Tasha. Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in ages!" It was some guy i had dated very briefly freshman year and we hadn't really spoken much since then. Whenever we do run into each other, it's always at the oddest times. Like just then. We wound up talking back and forth all throughout dinner. It was awkward at first, but then just kinda funny, I guess. Especially because this guy likes my friend, but my friend can't stand him, only he doesn't know that he feels that way.

Oh well. I think I'm just gonna get some sleep now. Only one more day til the weekend!

------------------

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Ok, it's my own fault. I knew I should have checked my schedule better. I thought this huge assignment I have wasn't due until *next* Tuesday. So I figured no big deal, and goofed off all weekend, going out with friends and catching up on sleep, reorganizing my room, not opening a single book all weekend. Last nite I accidentally came across my syllabus and realized the project is due not next Tuesday, but TOMORROW. So, in a mere 20 hrs or so, I have to write a 20 pg paper. I wrote about half of it between midnite and, well, 6am. Now I'm off to work (wonderful) and then perhaps a little nap, and then back to paper-writing. ugh. I hate how I can remember all the silly little things I have to do, but someone the major ones skip my mind. I vow to be more careful!

So, other than that small trauma, I'm trying to figure out what to do for Spring Break this year. It's my senior yr, and I want to do something fun, it's been a stressful quarter! I know i'm going to Florida...the plan right now is to drive down there -- all the way to the keys, where it's nice and quiet and relaxing -- with my ex bf/good friend, something we've done several times before, and then I'll split from him for a few days once we're down there to hang out w my best girl friend from home in the more upbeat Miami area. I figure that way i get the best of both worlds -- a few days of relaxing fishing and snorkeling w the boy, and a few days of partying and beach-going with my other friends.

Off to work at the gym now....I hope nobody does anything dumb today, like losing their locker key or hurting themselves. Oh, and may I rant for a second? I've noticed this past few months a trend of girls bringing their cell phones with them to the gym, and talking on them while they use the treadmills and stuff. It is SOOOOO annoying. I can hear them giggling and gossiping from way across the room. I think I will make a sign at work today ... "No cell phone usage in the gym." Geez.

------------------

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

I love the weekend! Finally! Last nite i went to go see my campus' production of the Vagina Monolouges. It was GREAT! The girls who performed were amazingly talented, and the monolougues were each so unique. I was happily surprised to see that there were a good number of guys there...as a matter of fact, all of the shows this weekend are sold out! My favorite monologue was prolly the one about My Angry Vagina, and The Flood. Oh, and the part where everyone acted out what their reactions were to getting their first period. Anyway, I'm inspired to go read the book now sometime.

This morning I decided to do some spring cleaning; my house is donating a bunch of clothes to a battered women's shelter downtown, and i filled up a whole box with stuff More proof of how easy it is to make a difference...

School was awful this week...I had to meet with like 3 advisors this past week, to make sure i'm all straightened out for graduation. Since none of them could give me a straight answer, I wound up just playing phone tag most of the week with secretaries in a bunch of departments. And so now i have to meet with 2 more advisors next week, fun. I still have no clue what I want to do when i get out of here. I keep waiting and waiting and waiting for some inspiration to hit me, to figure out what I want to do with my life...But i have no clue. I mean at all. I'm trying to work backwards -- figuring out what i don't want to be -- cop, doctor, banker, president Great list so far, eh?

I thought maybe i'd use Spring Break to do some job / Americorps applications, but going on a road-trip to Florida is so much more tempting! 7 days of sun, fishing, snorkeling, and just relaxing!

Oh well, I guess it'll all work itself out somehow...right?! <has mild panic attack> ugh...

------------------

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Two more weeks til break!
Two more weeks til break!

Think happy thoughts...

I have soooo much to do between now and then!
Ohhh.....

------------------

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Yay, finally, spring break
I'm leaving in another hour or so...I had planned to take a nap so i wouldn't get sleepy in the car ride down, but *sigh*, that just didn't happen. I was too busy packing!

I'm so excited to get to florida, and warm weather. It somehow managed to snow here the other day...right before I had to go drive somewhere, grr. There was ice and snow all over the windows. It was quite annoying. So Florida's looking pretty good right now

Yay for vacation

------------------

tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

oh...back from break. yay A whole week of fishing, snorkeling, and boating in sunny Florida. Then i come back home and it's SNOWING. This is crazy. It's april -- it's not supposed to snow here in april! grr...i just packed up all my winter clothes and sent them home

Anyway, i'm glad to be back at ST again... i just read the Jack Chick page someone had posted about. It was so disturbing. It really bothers me how people can just seem to be so easily brainwashed and gullible sometimes. His teachings really bother me....he's entitled to his own belief, but I don't appreciate how he's trying to force it upon others and suggest that those who do not agree with him are immoral evil misguided sinners. ummmm....

Of course, I just read something in a book for my Moral Systems class that made a really good point: it's no better for a liberally-minded person to force his views upon others in a hope to "enlighten" them than it is for a conversatively-minded person to do so. I think that's a really important point to remember. Everyone's entitled to their own belief, but you shouldn't be so cruel as to insist that your view is the only one, and demand that everyone subscribe to it. Even if you think that, as a liberal, you're doing the *right* thing by enlightening people... does that make sense?

I think i've babbled enought for now...

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.