Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » GrannyLamp7

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GrannyLamp7
grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grannylamp7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new to this whole Village People thing and I'm not sure what to do, but I want to learn more about other posters and to share with others about myself.

My name is Magdalena, but I'm most frequently called Maggie. I'm 16 years old. I live in Marbella, Andalucia, Spain, but I'm not totally Spanish. I live in Spain because my dad works for the U.S embassy over in a city in Morrocco which is just a 30 minute boat ride across the Strait of Gibraltar (not that far) My real ethnic background is extremely diverse, but I'm mainly a mix of Spanish and Irish. I have very dark tan skin and black hair, but I have blue eyes (which looks kind of cool). I'm a very serious dancer and spend my time off from school training in Sevilla. I take about 37 classes a week in ballet, modern and jazz.

My log-in name "grannylamp7" is totally random except for the 7 part. That's my lucky number.

Posts: 25 | From: Spain | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well howdy, Magdalena, and welcome to the Village! I'm Danny, your friendly neighborhood Village Idiot, and I live in the trailer park across the way.

I had to sigh when you mentioned you live in Andalucia, what a beautiful area! I was planning on spending time there last month, but that all fell through a few months ago, so I'll have to wait a while. Either way, I've seen pictures of the region and it looks gorgeous.

Speaking of gorgeous, you have a very pretty name. Out of curiosity, what nationality is that name derived from? I'm wondering because I've never met a Magdalena before.

Anyway, welcome to the boards! Please feel free to snoop around a bit and check things out, there is definitely some interesting stuff here. Be seein' ya!

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grannylamp7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magdalena has two origins that I know of, but they're both connected...

It's Hebrew for "from the tower"

It's Spanish for "from Magdala" which was a town in Israel on the sea of Galilee. Mary Magdalena, a character in the New Testament, was named thus because she was from that village. She was cleaned of evil spirits by Jesus and then remained with him during his ministry, witnessing the crucifixion and the resurrection.

Basically it's of Sephardic (the old Jews of Spain and Portugal) origin, and I was given a Sephardic name so I would always remember my Sephardic herritage.

Posts: 25 | From: Spain | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beetleborgygirl
Neophyte
Member # 4349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beetleborgygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ima neewby to all this but I wuz reading ur first post and u sound a lot like myself. I also am a sephardic jew. Ina few dayz i'll be going to jewish camp for the first time. Have you ever done that b4? cuz im kinda scared.
Posts: 12 | From: Yuma,AZ,USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

You know what? Actually I have never been to a Jewish camp of any sort. I went to a camp in fifth grade but it was for only a few days and they taught us survival techniques. Haha, we learned to eat plants and bugs, and how to start fires...usefull information for a 10 year old huh? Anyways, although I've never been to camp, my boyfriend is actually (sadly) at a Jewish camp right now! I've been writing back and forth with him as allways (see he lives halfway around the world )I miss him a lot but I get to see him more than you'd think because he lives in what I consider my "hometown" and because of my parents job situation and the kind of school I go to,

I go often there for visits. I'm also kinda excited, but scared, because it's possible that I will be moving back there for awhile. I would really like to get back to the states and back to where my child hood started, and most importantly back to my wonderfull boyfriend, but I'm also a little torn up about leaving here. I've been traveling quite a bit throughout my short life and frankly I don't like continually getting up and moving.

I guess I'd very much like it if I moved to where my boyfriend is living, and stay there at least for my remaining two years of school. I think that my boyfriend and I are going to last quite awhile and we are very serious about the relationship, so hopefully we will be able to continue and grow stronger in our relationship without the great distance. I've been in a lot of long term relationships...well I'm only 16 so I don't know how much the adult-world considers them to be true relationships (I don't like how adults always seem to act like teens can't be in love, but that's a whole nother story that I don't feel like talking about right now). Well besides that fact, I had been in one relationship for 3 years (starting from when I was 9...most people probably disaprove) but then I moved and that ended that real quick because we were young and the guy didn't want commitment. Then I had various random relationships for about a year and then settled down with another guy for 2 years. He turned out to be an abuser and almost raped me and he left me pretty scarred (both emotionally and physically) and I confided in this guy Jon who had been my really good friend for a looong time (since I had lived back in my birth town) and since I visited him often and wrote to him, he was like my best friend, and I guess after he helped me through my tough time, things happened and we've been faithfully together ever since. Ahhh I'm rambling, so I'll shut up. I probably didn't help you much. I guess though, don't worry about camp, just try to be yourself (that's an oversaid thing, sorry but it's true) and people will like you for who you are. And also, if it's a "jewish" camp, then you will already have something in common with everyone else...your faith! good luck!

Beetleborgygirl
Neophyte
Member # 4349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beetleborgygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So u are from the us? Where in the us? Also I've never moved in my life..what's it like and where have u lived,o i have so many q's, i find ur life so cool. I'm also sorry abot ur one abusive bf. Ive never had a REAL bf b4 but theres this guy at my school that ive had a crush on for sooo long but its summer so i cant wait 4 school to start so i can see him. Im too shy though. Maybe i'll meet someone at camp. I want a boyfriend badly
Posts: 12 | From: Yuma,AZ,USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

Yes I am from the US and consider myself an American. I'm from Bisbee, Arizona...that's actually somewhat near you..couple hours maybe? Believe it or not, I don't really like to move a lot. I definitly like traveling to new and different places, but I'm very picky about where I live. I like the weather of Arizona much better because it's a dry heat and hardly rains. Where have I lived? I lived in Bisbee untill I was 3, then I went to live in Killarney, Ireland until I was 7. I remember it being really green and wet there, but I didn't like the cold and the rain. Then I came back to Bisbee untill I was 9. Then I went to Mykonos, and island in Greece (where I had my first long term relationship) until I was about 12. When I was 13 I moved to Andalucia and have lived in random cities in this region for the past 16 years. Generally I haven't lived in big city places. My family tends to locate itself away from capitals and such, which is hard because it's the capitals in which my father actually works, which means he's not always with us . I have never understood why we haven't lived in a city closer to my fathers work but I'm sure my parents have their reasons...

By the way..."us" refers to my family, consisting of my mom
and the kids (haha all "m" names)
Maria-8
Matthew-11
Michael-13
Magdalena-16 (me!)
Marc-17

Thanks for your apology about my abusive ex. But what I've figured about life is that a lot of bad things happen sometimes, and you just gotta use them to make you stronger!

As far as you and your boyfriend situation, there's no rush. You shouldn't get a boyfriend just to get one. Everyone just gets one when the time is right for them, and if it's something you rush into just to have the experience, it might not be the best. I could be wrong though. But anyways, yeah good luck with that guy you like and remember to be yourself

Beetleborgygirl
Neophyte
Member # 4349

I'm scared to make my own thingy so i'll say some about myself here. I'm a 14 yr old female. I like playing sports esp basketball. I have no siblings, and I live with my dad. It's hard without my mom for me and my dad. Its hard for me.

[This message has been edited by Beetleborgygirl (edited 08-06-2001).]

grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

I'm really sorry about your mom. I'm really glad I got to meet you this past week also, I hope we can continue to stay in touch through email. I just got back last night.

[This message has been edited by grannylamp7 (edited 08-06-2001).]

grannylamp7
Neophyte
Member # 3284

Ohhh it's so good to be here again! I'm finally back to the US so I can finish school here! My family flew into California to spend some time with my mother's family and then we got a car and drove it down through California to Bisbee. I got to stop on the way through in Yuma to finally meet Beetle who I've been talking to through email for quite some time now. It's so wonderful to be here again and to be with my boyfriend! It's kinda difficult though in the sense that schools here are a lot different and I'm starting school in a few days whereas where I came from, school ended in late July and started in October. I'm also applying to get a drivers liscense here. Gosh everything is so familiar but new that I'm totally having a blast.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.