Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Missed pill question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed pill question
go207
Neophyte
Member # 110097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for go207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized I posted this originally in the wrong place, so here it is again in the right place-

So, I missed the last active pill in my pack. I was supposed to take it Monday but forgot, and so now 2 days later I am bleeding and so I assume (and hope) that it's just my period.
I didn't do anything when I realized I missed that pill because I figured it wouldn't make much difference since my period was about to start anyways had I taken it.
I know normally if you miss a pill you need to take it right when you notice but now is it too late if my period actually started?
Should I just wait 7 days and start a new pack as I would normally?
ONLY other thing that is weird is that normally my period starts 3 days after my last pill and I am bleeding now only 2 days after I last took a pill.

Thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
techie
Activist
Member # 61437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for techie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you missed the last active pill in your pack, the best thing to do is to count that as 'day 1' of your 7 days off, and then start your new pack as you would normally.

(If anyone corrects me on this, they're probably more well informed than me, but that's what I've gathered from the information booklet that comes with my pill)

Your period coming a day early isn't a cause for concern either. Hope this helps!

Posts: 160 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it, techie!

You just also want to be sure to use a backup method for that placebo week and then the first active week of pills in the next pack.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
go207
Neophyte
Member # 110097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for go207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for the quick reply it is greatly appreciated!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.