Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Condom questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom questions
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all!

I'm on OrthoTriCyclenLo, but I recently used two pill packs one right after the other (I did this on a recommendation from a friend who uses the same pill, who did it on a recommendation from her doctor). This stopped me from having a withdrawal bleed, but because of the three different hormones I don't know if I'm still protected (once again, trusting my friend's doctor). My boyfriend and I use condoms anyway, so it doesn't matter that much. Anyway, I'm really writing because this morning when we were having sex, he pulled out after about half an hour and we realised the condom was on inside out. The only reason we could tell is because we use those knobbly condoms and the dots were on the inside. Anyway, we figure it must have come rolled the wrong way from the factory because I had no trouble putting it on, and I'm pretty sure I did it correctly. So he just pulled the condom off and I put a new one on, and away we went. He actually didn't come at all today, but I was wondering how concerned we should be about the risk of pregnancy from the first condom - it didn't look broken or anything. Anyway, because of my potential pill failure and then the whole condom debacle, wanted to make sure I don't need to be hunting down some EC ASAP.

Thanks for your help!
Amy

[ 05-14-2014, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: amy_the_artist ]

Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi amy,

As long as the condom didn't break or come off, you can assume it did it's job. Plus, you'd still have protection from your pill and (it sounds like) withdrawl, since you said he did not ejaculate.

If you have questions about the effects of taking two pill packs back to back, I would talk to your doctor about them. I would also recommend that, in the future, you run any changes to your pill taking routine by your doctor, just to make sure they don't have concerns or considerations they need to mention to you about doing so.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.