Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » If the Condom breaks...is it obvious when you pull out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If the Condom breaks...is it obvious when you pull out?
juliedulie221
Activist
Member # 109699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juliedulie221     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
when a condom tears or breaks during OR after sex, is it obvious? my partner and I had sex and I'm sure the condom didn't slip off, and I only got to glance at the Condom...but didn't notice breakage. I guess my question is, if the condom broke is it obvious? I asked the guy and he said he doesn't think it broke because it would feel different if it did. He didn't say anything about it being broken when he removed it either. could he have missed it? I'm a bit of a worry wart and I let anxiety get the best of me sometimes.

--------------------
julie

Posts: 63 | From: ny | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes: when a condom breaks, you'll notice. Condoms tend to burst like balloons, so it's something you'll see.

This article might also be helpful to you: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juliedulie221
Activist
Member # 109699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juliedulie221     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for replying! okay, so I guess I need to stop being a worry wart. When they say that condoms fail 1-2% when used perfectly, does that 1-2% mean it breaking or slipping off? not some mysterious reason? I've seen a lot of posts saying that they got pregnant while using a condom and don't know why.

--------------------
julie

Posts: 63 | From: ny | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condom failure means a condom breaking or slipping off, or also a condom not being used at all or only being put on partway through intercourse.

If you use a condom as directed, from start to finish, for all genital contact, and the condom does not tear or slip off, then you have nothing to worry about.

Mind, if you do not feel comfortable trusting a condom alone, you can also look into doubling up with another method of birth control.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juliedulie221
Activist
Member # 109699

Thank you, Joey.
I just needed that cleared up. I'm really thankful for this site!

--------------------
julie

juliedulie221
Activist
Member # 109699

and its actually more complicated...I'm currently 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had sex with two guys...A day apart. One was completely unprotected and one with a condom that didn't break or slip off and was worn the whole time. I've been on different websites and people talk bout being pregnant after using a condom without it breaking or slipping off. my bigger problem is determining who the father of my child is. I'm really hoping it's the unprotected one as I know that he would be there for the child.

--------------------
julie

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.