Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » ECP wait and effects

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ECP wait and effects
RL
Neophyte
Member # 108709

Icon 9 posted      Profile for RL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the first time, I had nordette an ECP. 7 days after correctly taking it, I had withdrawal bleeding. I heard you should count your normal cycle since day 1 of your withdrawal bleeding, so I did. Right now, I am delayed on that period. But I have had 2 PTs and both turned out negative. I haven't had other symptoms but I am worried.

I haven't been active since taking the ECP. Does the withdrawal bleeding indicate I'm safe? If so, is there still a chance I'm preggers?

Btw, we did the deed 4 days before the Ovulation day. Does this help?

[ 10-18-2013, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: RL ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rl,

Just to clarify, you said you took two pregnancy tests and that they came out positive. Did you mean to say they came of negative (i.e they said you are not pregnant)?

Just to let you know, many people who take EC experience changes to their menstrual cycle, so that is likely why your period is delayed.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is some more info on EC to help you out
Emergency Contraception

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RL
Neophyte
Member # 108709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize I meant negative [Smile]

But should I be worried? Or is the withdrawal bleeding a sign that I'm safe from pregnancy? Given that I haven't been active since taking the ECP

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi RL!

Like Sam already said, it's pretty common to experience changes on the menstrual cycle after taking EC.

Can I ask when did you take these pregnancy tests? Meaning how soon after the sexual activity did you test?

Pregnancy test can be taken after 15 days after the sexual activity, so, if you have taken those in that lapse of time, then you can trust the results. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RL
Neophyte
Member # 108709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so relieved. Yes, I took them way past 15 days after the deed. [Smile]

Thank you for the replies.. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get my period.

Please pray, I get it soon. [Smile]

RL
Neophyte
Member # 108709

I just had my period!!! A strong flow but great to
Know in have it!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.