Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Please help! The pill & pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help! The pill & pregnancy
Sarah Genest
Neophyte
Member # 108280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah Genest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend during the last week of my pill calendar (the placebo pills) with a condom. My doctor was extremely late in filling my prescription for the next month and didnt fill it for about two weeks later. The pharmacist and doctor told me just to start it again that Sunday (two weeks since the last pill). We've had sex since then always with a condom and him never finishing inside me. The doctor told me I may experience bleeding but still should get my period on the week the pill calendar says. I haven't had any break through bleeding and its still two weeks til the calendar says i should get my period. Im so paranoid that i might be pregnant since my period is technically late even though i havent reached the placebo pills yet. i guess what I'm asking is, is it also likely to not experience breakthrough bleeding in my position? What are my likelyhood of being pregnant? Please, I'm so paranoid/ scared so please answer as soon as possible!
Posts: 4 | From: San francisco | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's take a pause first, okay?

I hear you saying you are concerned you may be pregnant, and are late per your withdrawal bleed. have you then yet taken the next step here and taken a pregnancy test?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah Genest
Neophyte
Member # 108280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah Genest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I haven't. I know you are supposed to take one after a missed period, would this still count?
Posts: 4 | From: San francisco | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep.

Mind, if you used condoms for all intercourse you had and did so properly, then even without using the pill at all, or withdrawal, pregnancy would be very unlikely.

But since you clearly are concerned about it, I'd say a test is the way to go so you can see that negative result and breathe easy again. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah Genest
Neophyte
Member # 108280

Thank you so much for that!
I do have one more question if you don't mind answering, the doctor said I may experience spotting since the new calendar was started two weeks late, I haven't had any so far and it's a week into the calendar. Is it also normal to not have spotting?

Heather
Member # 3

When they say a "may" like that, it just means they're telling you it might happen. It doesn't mean something is wrong if it doesn't.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.