Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Resevoir tip is lost during sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Resevoir tip is lost during sex?
HyphenRow
Neophyte
Member # 107659

Icon 4 posted      Profile for HyphenRow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how common this issue is, but I find that sometimes during sex, all the movement that is happening pushes the condom up towards the base of the penis so that the reservoir tip that we leave at the end is lost.

The condom fits snugly and is the right size. I leave about an inch at the tip to hold the semen. Alot of times however, when I check the condom during sex, I noticed that the reservoir tip is much shorter in length (or almost completely gone) because the condom has been pushed up.

That's why a lot of times my partner says that he feels like he cannot ejaculate, and I wonder if it's because there isn't enough space at the tip for him to?

Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi HyphenRow and welcome to Scarleteen,

Does your partner not ejaculate during intercourse then?

Before the condom goes on, are you putting a couple of drops of lube in the tip of it? having a little bit of moisture in the end of the condom can allow the tip to move more freely around the head of the penis. Mind, you don't want more than a few drops of lube in there as you don't want the condom to have any help slipping off.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HyphenRow
Neophyte
Member # 107659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HyphenRow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin!

Sometimes he does not ejaculate during intercourse and sometimes he can, but for some reason it takes a long while. Sometimes it can go on for over an hour and that's definitely longer than average.

And before the condom goes on, we don't put any lube on so that shouldn't be the issue.

Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think maybe you misunderstood Robin's point about lube: putting a drop or two on the inside of the condom is actually recommended, and helps the condom move freely so that you don't end up with the whole thing being shoved towards the base of the penis and sort of getting stuck there. It can also make condoms feel better for the partner wearing them, so if you haven't tried putting a bit of lube on the inside, give that a go and see if it helps.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HyphenRow
Neophyte
Member # 107659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HyphenRow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip!

I definitely think I'll try that next time.

[Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.