Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » I did it!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I did it!!!
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaddleyLove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys [Smile]

Soo its been a while but I can finally say...I got the implant!! and I know that its what I want now, and that its the right time finally :')

anyway, I have a question about condoms...im going on holiday soon and will be taking condoms. I was just wondering where best to store them while travelling- I know you can buy little boxes for condoms, to protect them, so I wonder whether that will be best for protecting against damage or whether something else would be better?

Posts: 177 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you! [Smile]

Really, any way you can store them where they're not going to get knocked around a whole bunch -- like on the bottom of a bag, rub up against things that could tear the packaging, or wind up in direct sunlight, it's all good.

So, that can be buying a box and just keeping them in the box they came in, a special box for them, something like a pencil case or cosmetic bag, whatever works best for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaddleyLove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aaaah right okay [Smile] well I got them free from the CASH clinic where I had my implant fitted, and they're just in a paper bag, so i'll definitely move them to a small cosmetic bag or the like [Smile]
what is direct sunlight?
I kept them in my handbag, which I hang on the end of my bed and which is in front of the window. its been quite hot here, would you think the condoms are still fine if they've been in ahandbag which has been in direct sunlight, but the condoms haven't? i've moved them to a cooler place now [Smile]

oh, and one more thing: this may be a silly question, but where the implant has been fitted hardly hurts at all, I can only feel the bruise I have when I accidentally touch it...does it matter that it doesn't hurt very much? for some reason I was expecting prolonged and severe pain [Razz]

[ 07-13-2013, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: MaddleyLove ]

Posts: 177 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It shouldn't hurt, so that's good. That just means it was put in properly. [Smile]

Direct sunlight means....well, if this was about you, not condoms, would there be sun in your eyes? If not, that's likely not direct sunlight. If so, it is.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

aah I see [Wink]

one more question, then I'm done, I swear [Razz] I was told it would bruise, the doctor even said I was definitely a bruiser [Razz] but the bruise is extremely purple and looks really bad...is it supposed to look that bad? and is there anything I can do to improve the look of it? cold compress maybe?

Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advice on treating bruises would fall under the category of medical advice, something we don't usually give here on Scarleteen. But something basic like applying heat via a warm compress or a hot towel to get the blood circulation going again (a bruise is essentially trapped old blood that needs to be removed) is always good.

That being said, everyone responds a little differently, so we can't tell you what is or isn't normal. So long as you aren't experiencing disastrous near-death sensations, I'd say a little bruising is to be expected enough.

[ 07-14-2013, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Patricia H ]

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 215 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

great, thanks! I took the plaster off today and the bruise isn't as bad as it looked, soo [Razz]

I know I said that was my last question, but I have another and would prefer to ask here rather than some forum where I would just scare myself [Smile]

I was just wondering, do you know if its normal for the implant to feel slightly lumpy? I can feel some small bumps all the way along.

Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you taken a look at this? See if that doesn't help to answer a few of your questions.

Birth Control Bingo: The Contraceptive Implant

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 215 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.