Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Birth control pill dilemma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control pill dilemma
Curiouscat13
Neophyte
Member # 104466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouscat13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, So almost two weeks ago I had sex for the first time however the only form of birth control that was used was the pill. The down fall is that i took it 8 hours late after intercourse and have continued to take it on my usual schedule thereafter (before i never missed a pill....I take it at 9pm/2 hours the latest). Now lately I have been feeling a tightness in my chest and bloated since Sunday.. Im not sure if this is symptoms of pregnancy or if its all in my mind. I begin my inactive pills Saturday by the way. During my withdrawal bleeding I sometimes feel bloated but never this tightness (it's above my naval....like a gassy feeling, sometimes it goes up to my throat like I have to burp but nothing comes out and the feeling lasts ALL day). At some points it gets really bad and uncomfortable that i have to stop and take deep breaths. What is going on?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a combined pill (two hormones) or the mini-pill that you're on?

If it's a combined pill, then you have 12 hours before it's considered late, so 8 hours shouldn't have compromised your effectiveness too much. Are you having a withdrawal bleed now, or is it next week that's the inactive week for you?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouscat13
Neophyte
Member # 104466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouscat13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a combined pill (low ogestrel). I go on the inactive pills starting Saturday. But normally the bleeding starts Tuesday.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouscat13
Neophyte
Member # 104466

It's a combined pill (low ogestrel). I go on the inactive pills starting Saturday. But normally the bleeding starts Tuesday.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so at this point, you can wait to see if your bleed starts as usual, or you can take a pregnancy test as soon as it's been two weeks since you had sex.

Even if you were pregnant (and your risk is low) there's no way you'd be showing any symptoms at this point - pregnancy takes around a week to even happen, and the first sign is a missed period. So, it's pretty darn safe to say that whatever's going on with your digestive system isn't pregnancy-related.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouscat13
Neophyte
Member # 104466

Ok thank you.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.