Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Condom Slipping Off (not because it's too large)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom Slipping Off (not because it's too large)
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MidoriHayashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I are having issues with condoms slipping off. We are not having actual intercourse; we are just doing some genital rubbing, I suppose you could say. Anyway, his penis is (we think) slightly larger than average, since most condoms either will not fit him at all or are uncomfortably tight on him. When we finally find a condom that seems to fit, it still slips off halfway through our "activities".

We've tried using condoms with and/or without lube on the inside and/or on the outside. He is not circumcised, in case that might matter. I'm wondering if perhaps a condom that is still too small might "squeeze" itself off, unlike how a larger condom would simply slide off.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I know condoms are made for hands-free use, and we'd love to be able to actually enjoy that luxury.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI MidoriHayashi and welcome to Scarleteen.

When you say that the condom is coming off, do you mean that it's coming off completely, or that it's just rolling down the penis?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MidoriHayashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not rolling necessarily, and it's not coming all the way off, because he manages to notice before it slips completely off. It's sliding about halfway off of his penis. We have trouble rolling it all the way on to begin with, because it feels so tight for him. But we don't want to buy condoms labeled XL since most men statistically don't need that large of condoms, or so I've been told.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking two possibilities:

1. That the condom is still too small for him.

2. That the type of sexual activity you're engaging in is creating friction that is, for lack of a better way to put it, causing the condom to shimmy off.

These are just guesses though.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

They both sound very possible. I'm thinking it's more of his size, since we have made it a point to use quite a bit of lubrication on many occasions. Maybe he's one of the men that needs XL condoms, after all! Thanks for the advice.
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked out this article on penis size and girth yet? http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/shown_actual_size_a_penis_shape_size_lowdown
Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, you mentioned you're using a lot of lube- just wanted to check if that's just in the beginning, or if you're pausing throughout your activity to add more when it seems like friction could be approaching?

Also, what brand/kind of condoms is your bf currently using?

[ 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Claire P. ]

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

We always add more throughout our activities. And we've tried multiple kinds of Durex, Crown, Atlas, and Lifestyles.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you perhaps considered trying the female condom?

One of the bonuses with that condom style is that it doesn't attach at all to the base of the penis, which would make an issue like this a total non-issue.

Too, you say you don't want to try condoms noted as being extra large because most men don't statistically need them, but maybe this partner is one of the people who does? How about giving one of those a try to see if it works better for him?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

I suppose we'll try XL condoms now. I'm not sure if a female condom would work/be worth the money since we're not having sexual intercourse.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, I totally missed what you said about sexual activity in your first post.

Really, I'm guessing that if you're using them for genital-to-genital rubbing only, especially if that's going on for a while, it might be that this is going to happen with any kind of condom. They're just not really designed for that use, that's all.

But, I do think if any kind of condom IS going to work for this, it sounds like a larger condom might be the ticket here.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidoriHayashi
Neophyte
Member # 100561

Thank you for the help!
Heather
Member # 3

You're welcome, and sorry again I totally missed that first sentence of yours!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.