Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » I'm so dumb, help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm so dumb, help!
ocdrill
Neophyte
Member # 96376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ocdrill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I just have a quick question.
So a at the beginning of this month I gave my boyfriend a handjob, and he c*mmed, but I don't believe I got any on my hand. I then did use the bathroom without washing my hand, and can't remember if I touched myself or not... I was on birth control when this happened, but I can't remember if I missed any that week (don't believe I did, but I am paranoid!) Okay, so about a week later, I went off the birth control to see if I had my period, which I DID have my withdrawl bleed, full cramps, heavy bleeding, etc. I heard that this means you are not pregnant, but I wasn't sure. I did do a pregnancy test at 3 weeks afterward just to be sure, and it did say negative, but I'm a little scared. I guess I just wanted to make sure everything's safe. (We did not have sex, I was on at least limited birth control, I had my period, and test said negative...) I am just wondering, does the period truly mean not pregnant even if it's birth control period, or withdrawl period? And is the test accurate (it said, "take on the day of your missed period!" but I didn't miss it. and it also said "take at least 19 days after unprotected sex, which I didn't have, but I did wait 21 days...) Is everything okay? Sorry for asking such stupid questions! I have OCD...

[ 07-29-2012, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: ocdrill ]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there ocdrill... yep having a period means you're not pregnant as the lining of the uterus is where a fertalised egg would implant itself when a pregnancy starts... as a period flushes all of this out. There'd no longer be anything in there to be pregnant with.

Everything sounds absolutely fine and nonpregnant.

Tiny risks of pregnancy or STI infections are always a part of sex in general, so it's important to be feeling comfortable dealing with those risks if we're going to be sexually active. If this is really stressing you out it might be an idea to hold back on the sexual activity until you're properly enjoying it.

It also sounds like taking oral birth control is stressful for you due to the possibility of missing a pill etc. It sounds like you've been finding that difficult. So if you're going to be having sex, maybe you'd feel better using a form long-acting birth control.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/birth_control_bingo

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ocdrill
Neophyte
Member # 96376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ocdrill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'm so sorry to ask) But I thought handjobs presented no risk of pregnancy if he didn't c*m near me nor finger me with c*m (it says on this link here) http://www.scarleteen.com/birth_control_bingo_no_pregnancy_risks
Is that correct?

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is correct.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.