Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Encare Spermicide/Urination sting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Encare Spermicide/Urination sting
mcguiree1495
Neophyte
Member # 69396

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mcguiree1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bf and I had sex tonight and used encare spermicide inserts for me and trojan spermicide condoms for him, this is our second night in a row using it and I've had the same problem both nights. I go pee after sex but it burns/stings really bad. It got better throughout the day today but we decided to try the inserts and protection again to see if i just needed to get used to it, but it burns bad now. Could it be because of the sex or the spermicide?
Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mcguiree1495,

Spermicides are known to cause irritation, so what you're experiencing is not unusual.

Would you like to discuss other birth control options?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrightStar171
Peer Ambassador
Member # 64549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrightStar171     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could just be the sex (if you're not fully aroused and/or not using enough lubrication), but it's more likely to be the spermicide. For some people, spermicide can cause a lot of irritation to vaginal tissue.

Here's some general information on spermicides: http://www.scarleteen.com/birth_control_bingo_spermicides

The next time you have intercourse, you may want to try using condoms that don't contain spermicide (as well as skipping the spermicide inserts) and seeing if that works better for you. Since it sounds like you're trying to use more than birth control method to back up (which is awesome), let us know if you need other suggestions for forms of birth control that can be used with condoms.

Posts: 100 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.