Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » no PMS symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no PMS symptoms?
turtle_lady
Activist
Member # 64098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for turtle_lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this month i have discovered that i have no PMS symptoms and usually i begin to have very tender breasts in the middle of my cycle, around day 14 (which is kind of weird anyways). today is day 19 and i have had no breast tenderness.

i am currently on NuvaRing and had sex without a condom on day 7 but i am not entirely worried because i use my nuvaring fairly consistently...so i am curious as to why my PMS symptoms are M.I.A. this month. could this be a pregnancy possibility? i'm just going by a long shot here but i have never not used condoms before and now i have no PMS symptoms and i find it strange. other than that i feel fine except for the occasional disoriented feeling (a little dizzy).

could there be other reasons that my breast tenderness did not show up?? what would that be and why the heck would they decide not to show up? i would take a pregnancy test but i think it would be too early. what do you think?

[ 05-15-2011, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: kaylinha13 ]

--------------------
~Kayla Christine~

Posts: 51 | From: Ontario | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long have you been using the ring for?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
turtle_lady
Activist
Member # 64098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for turtle_lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2-3 years i have been using NuvaRing...and my breast tenderness started to show up in the middle of my cycle starting september 2010 which i also thought was weird at the time...i am thinking perhaps that my body is just changing around again.

--------------------
~Kayla Christine~

Posts: 51 | From: Ontario | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like that may be it.

Mind, pregnancy is always a possibility anytime we're having the kind of sex that can create it. However, using both the ring and condoms, your risk is incredibly low, so that's very unlikely.

People often don't realize that puberty isn't the only time our bodies change: really, they are in a constant state of change, and that can include our menstrual and fertility cycles and all the other systems in our bodies that can have an impact on those. As well, PMS symptoms aren't always a given or exactly the same every cycle.

Given it's the lack of something that isn't pleasant, I'd take it as a gift. [Smile] I'd also not worry about this, since it's very unlikely it's about anything being wrong.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
turtle_lady
Activist
Member # 64098

Thanks again [Smile] I used to be the biggest worry wart about pregnancy sine I became sexually active but if it's meant to happen, it'll happen. But I am taking great measures to make sure I am safe so I am not quite worried, I have faith my birth control will do its job the way it is meant to as long as I use it correctly and consistently.

I am very aware of my body so I ponder at every little thing, even if my period comes a day late or a day early.

Also, I had a confusion about when I had removed and inserted my last ring (thinking I had removed and inserted a week earlier) but I'm not really worried about that because I remember following schedule since my period was right on time last time...I think I was counting days on the day I had sex and added and extra week to account for most fertile time...but that doesn't matter because I technically don't ovulate!

Thanks agains for all your help, this site is a Godsend to many of us!! ^_^

--------------------
~Kayla Christine~

Heather
Member # 3

You're right: trying to do FAM or natural family planning of any kind isn't doable when you're using any medication or device which changes your fertility cycle.

A hormonal method and the ring and condoms combined, both used properly, is honestly as close to 100% protection as it gets.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

turtle_lady
Activist
Member # 64098

yep. i am using that combined plan most often...if we have sex, it's usually without a condom for the first bit and once maximum sensitivity is reached, it's condom time. i actually got my PMS 'breast soreness' a couple days after this post...and it is almost gone now so...i guess my body is back in it's 'normal' rhythm of sorts, if it is at all normal...aaaaand now hoping for period on wednesday or thursday. not worried, but it's nice to have a peace of mind [Smile]

--------------------
~Kayla Christine~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.