Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » kinda sorta worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kinda sorta worried
Droid
Neophyte
Member # 55856

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Droid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my girlfriend and i are both 18 and have been having sex for about 8 or 9 months, she has been on the pill since the start, i always use a condom, she has had a pretty regular period, all that normal stuff. the other day we used a latex safe lubricant on me the put a condom on, had sex just like normal, then after i finished and as i pulled out i slid out of the condom and it stayed in her, nothing spilt out of it, i filled the condom with water (to check for breakage, there was none), from what we could tell nothing from me transfered on to her. but still i slipped out and that has never happen before. are we ok? she is on the pill.

thanks

Posts: 4 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No matter what, if she uses her pills properly, the risk of pregnancy would be very low even with a condom failure. But let's look at yours.

Was the ring (base) of the condom outside her vaginal opening when it slipped off or inside her vagina?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Droid
Neophyte
Member # 55856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Droid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the base of the condom was on the outside of her. and we both looked, no transfer from what we could tell.

and ive heard so my stories from my friends how they had sex with girls without a condom and the girl was on the pill or even if she wasnt on the pill he just pulled out and they were fine (not saying i do that, i always where a condom), but if ppl can get away without a condom i like to think im safe with one.

Posts: 4 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the base was outside, then no worries.

But for future reference, proper condom use involves holding unto the base of the condom when you withdraw, so from here on out, you'll want to be sure to remember to do that. I know it can be tough to remember anything when our heads are all post-orgasm fuzzy, but it's important.

(Just an FYI? I'd still not put that much stock in what your friends said, though. Plenty of times when women do get pregnant they don't tell sexual partners, especially partners who, for instance, refused to use a condom or other BC in the first place. So, some of your friends may well have created pregnancies they just don't know about.)

[ 02-14-2011, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Droid
Neophyte
Member # 55856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Droid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ill be sure to do that from now on, ive done it some times but i didnt know that was proper, and yeah one of my friend's gf had an abortion and the other ones gf skipped a period like forever before she had a period (not to sure what exactly happen there)

thanks for the advice

Droid
Neophyte
Member # 55856

update: period started.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.