Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » More Questions..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Questions..
Daisydoozargh
Neophyte
Member # 45910

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Daisydoozargh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose this sort of question has been asked a few times but I'm still not COMPLETELY understanding. So, I am on the pill but I take it for 21 days and then have a 1 week break, there is no placebo pills. Before my period lasted around 4-5 days, it is now the 2nd day that I have had off the pill, should I have my period by now? (I have had sex, we used a condom but there was some contact between penis & vagina a few times).

I have read that spotting is normal for the first few months on the pill and I have been getting this but when should I roughly expect my period, or is it totally different for everyone?

Sorry if these things have already been answered or I posted in the wrong place..! Thankyou.

Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally you should be getting your withdrawal bleed when you start into your week without pills. This is when the hormone levels drop from being off the pill. If you're still having spotting that happens sometimes (have you just started the pill in the last few months? If so sometimes it takes a bit of time for your bleeds to get onto a steady schedule as your body adjusts to the hormones).

I see you said you had genital contact a few times, so you may want to go ahead and just take a pregnancy test to be sure - but chances are good your cycle's just a little bit off this month.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisydoozargh
Neophyte
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisydoozargh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah this is my very first month, sex & genital contact happened on the day I took the last pill in the pack.
Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing to know about the pill is that for the first / first few months you may not start your withdrawal bleed on the first day of the placebo/ no pills week. Your body is still adjusting to the change with the hormones, and that's perfectly normal.

Also- unprotected genital contact poses an STI risk, so if you're not both up to date with your tests you'll want to wait about a month and do that.

[ 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisydoozargh
Neophyte
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisydoozargh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were both virgins so that's okay...thank you very much for your help! [Smile]
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say "virgins" do you mean "have never had *ANY* sexual contact with anyone else?
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisydoozargh
Neophyte
Member # 45910

The furthest we had both gone with other people was making out..But I am booked for a checkup with the gynecologist.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.