Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Will my "period" get heavier??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will my "period" get heavier??
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToughToffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just found my perfect bc, Loestrin 24 FE. It is the only one so far that doesn't threaten a visit to a mental facility. There is only one problem: my withdrawal bleed is nearly non-existant. It's just a brown-red smudge on the tampon... I can't even wear light tampons! With Yaz, I could wear a light tampon for about 6 hours, oh do I miss that. With my PCOS, it was a real treat to get my yearly period, and now even with treatment, I STILL cannot get a proper period. I feel silly for actually wanting a period with heavier flow, but I miss that feminine feeling I get with a monthly bleed. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 46 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We really can't know what will happen. It may or it may not, and there's just no way or predicting that.

I don't think any of the feelings we have around menstruation are silly, by the way. However, if it helps, know that women who don't menstruate -- either because of menopause, a health issue, because they are trans or intersex women, because they're suppressing periods -- aren't somehow any less feminine than women who do.

Plus, when you're on the pill, you don't actually have a bonafide period anymore regardless, no matter what your flow with a withdrawal bleed. That bleed happens because of withdrawing from the hormone pills: it's chemically created.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.