Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Opinions on condom types (please share)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions on condom types (please share)
Neon_Shimmer
Neophyte
Member # 30153

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Neon_Shimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm new to this site and just recently started using condoms and such.
I would like to get everyones opinion on what types/brands of condoms work the best for you.

So far I have only used 4 different kinds of condoms, but here's my opinion on them.

First we used a few Lifestyles, they weren't anything fancy, just basic condoms.
My boyfriend wasn't too fond of them, he said he can't feel as much with them. I wasn't thrilled with them either.

Then we used a Durex Ultimate Feeling, its thinner than most and ribbed, we both liked it quite a bit.

Next we tried a Durex Intense Sensation. It's ribbed and for some reason I didn't stay as wet with that one as I had with the others. He gave it a thumbs down.

We've been useing the Durex Ultimate Feeling condoms. They have been working quite well for us.

We ran out, so last night we used a Trojan Twisted Pleasure. I guess it felt ok to me, but he said it was thicker than the Ultimate Feelings that we've been using, I think we're going back to thoes.

So thats my experience so far.
Please share what you think about the condoms you've tried, and what works for you and your partners [Big Grin]

Posts: 6 | From: IL | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For unbiased and technical review of condoms, you can't get better on line than the Consumers Reports article. Be sure to read the overview, Quick Recommendations and ratings. The article is very thouough and informative.

--------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Airem
Activist
Member # 24638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Airem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used trojan ultra thins and just regular trojans, heck i even tried the lifestyles X tended pleasure thing. my favorite though out of all of them i would have to say the trojan ultra thins just becuase they stick to there name. I would say i have also never had a trojan break on me but that was nulled a couple of nights ago.....lol

--------------------
As The Shadow Follows The Body, As We Think, So We Become.

Posts: 157 | From: Athens, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI?

Not only should condoms always be used with additional, latex-safe lubricant (even if the condoms say lubricated) to keep them from breaking, it also makes a BIG difference in comfort.

For safety AND the most sensation? Put a drop or two of lube inside the condom, in the middle, before rolling it on. Then also apply lube to the outside of the condom as well, and as needed while you're using it.

(And my personal faves over the years? Kimono brand, all their styles. Beyond Seven. Crown. Durex "Love" condoms and the Ultimate Feeling. Pleasure Plus condoms.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neon_Shimmer
Neophyte
Member # 30153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neon_Shimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just started using Trojan ultra thins a few days ago and we both like them a lot.
I'll have to try some lube, as I haven't used any yet, thanks for the tip.

Kind of off topic but interesting.
We went to Kmart last night to get a box of ultra thins, and they have all thier condoms locked up behind sliding glass/platsic doors!
Like video games or some other expensive, high theft electronic.
So we had to ask an employee to unlock it, and the one we asked didn't have the key, she had to get someone else, the lady that did have the key had to do something and said she'd be right back.
So there we are, waiting for these people to unlock the door and set the condoms free, and I'm like, of all the things they could be making a task, why condoms?
Aren't condoms suposed to be easy to get?
Then she stands there and watches us pick out our condoms and locks back up.
It makes me wonder how many people (young people) are too embarrased to actually have to ASK and employee "Excuse me, could you please unlock the condom prison?" And end up not buying any all together.

Oh well. Just another thing to add to the list of Why I Dislike Kmart.

Posts: 6 | From: IL | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately while condoms should be "easy to get" they are also easy to steal. That is why so many stores have them locked up. In the in-store pharmacy at my local A & P, condoms are not locked up but are under constant surveillence. When the pharmacy part closes, the condoms are locked away and nobody, customer or employee, has access to them. It is unfortunate but shop lifting is endemic to retail sales and condoms attract shop-lifters.

--------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trojans' Ribbed, Lubricated.
Having a bottle of lube on hand, in my opinion, should be mandatory. It makes everything divine. Me and the Marine have never had a condom break - definitely because of proper wear and the lube.

There was that afternoon in the fraternity house when the alums were coming through. they wanted to see my guy's room. I was almost tempted to leave the 36-pack of Trojans and the botles of KY in plain sight on his dresser...

Walmart's condoms are generally accessible - and with self-checkout, if you go to the store at 1 am, nobody knows.

I'm reminded of that priceless line from History of the World Part I...
"I'm looking for a pack of Trojans!"
"Sorry, I'm fresh out."

[ 08-10-2006, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: kitka ]

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.