Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Where can I find Larger condums? Thisguy please read this!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can I find Larger condums? Thisguy please read this!
Magnum Jimi
Neophyte
Member # 517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnum Jimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty big and currently use trojan magnums, but you can drop a brick on it and I wouldn't feel it, if any other larger people could give me some imput i'd appreciate it, thanx!

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited September 10, 2000).]

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gojoe
Neophyte
Member # 1278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gojoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey...

im not gay or anything but how big are you down there....ive found condoms rather tight and if your anything like me then i can use this advice too.

{Note from Miz Scarlet: Do recall that many of us here aren't heterosexual, and that this sort of gay-disclaimer is more than a little offensive. No one cares what your orientation is here, so there is no need to defend it.}

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited September 10, 2000).]

Posts: 7 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lmfao

Ok, now thats what I call flattering.
I wish I was gargantuan enough that people automatically associated me with magnum sized condoms!

I've just been using Trojan Magnums, myself. They seem about as thick as most normal condoms - just with a bit of extra elbow room, so to speak.

All I can say is, look around and try a few styles. Odds are you'll find one that works for you. Think I went through 8-10 different types.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Circ'd
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I take it the "brick" thing means they're pretty thick. Well there are medium sized ultra thin condoms, so why not large ultra thin condoms?

------------------
Hung like... something that is hung!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In truth, nearly ALL standard sized condoms will accomodate just about anyone. There are a couple brands which are a *tad* bit smaller, and a couple which are a *tad* bit larger, but let me demonstrate something while I'm writing this as best I can.

::drumroll please::

Okay, I have a huge basket full of condoms and lube I keep on my desk. I'm going to open one I know to be a pretty darn standard size, a Lifestyles thin.

(My husband -- and trusty sidekick -- is standing here observing this for verification purposes and general assistance)

I have just rolled the condom over my fist and down to my wrist. Then I put my other hand in, and then had both hands inside the condom.

My husband then rolled the condom further down, over both my hands, and down to about midway on my forearms.

I can move inside it without breaking the condom or hurting my circulation easily. When we tried to pull it to my elbows, it them tore.

The moral of the story is...
Rest assured that if -- like both my hands and half of both my forearms -- your penis is about twelve inches long and nine inches around, you'll fit into most comdoms just fine.

And if -- quite frankly -- your penis is bigger than that, you have a phone call to make to the Guiness Book of World Records, since the largest penis ever documented on record was just over 6 inches around, and 13 inches long.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited September 20, 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, god, I LOVE that picture, Miz Scarlet. That is, quite frankly, hilarious.

And I recommend that trick, ladies, for any guy who says he's too big for a condom to try and get out of using one.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"This was a Pizza Hut, now it's all covered in daisies..." ~Talking Heads, in "Nothing But Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not really a question of "I can't get it on" - although with some fits that can be tricky.
Its comfort, too. I've tried condoms on that left Little ThisGuy looking like he was about to burst a vein. Usually they'd make me as sore after 10-20 minutes, as an erection does after several hours.

I'm quite comfortable in a magnum. And no, its not psychological - you can see a big difference.

Is it possible its the type of latex they're using, and not the size?

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm aside, nearly ANY condom will allow for any length humanly possible. It's usually the ring-size at the base that's an issue for a few men.

However, in general, that's usually only the case with poorer quality condoms. As I've said before, in my experience, Trojans are the worst condoms on the market. Same goes double for no-name-brand condoms you find in gas stations or vending machines. Well-made condoms -- so long as they aren't cut *small* (japanese brands tend to be cut on the smaller side) will fit just fine.

And for the record, the width measurement of a Trojan Magnum is 55mm, a Trojan regular condom is 51mm wide. However, other "regular" cut brands I use are cut much wider than the Trojan regulars, even though they aren't sold as "larger" condoms, such as Durex High Sensation (53mm), Kimono (54mm), Crown (54mm) and the LifeStyles plain old lubricated (54mm).

Kudos to Trojan for yet another great marketing scam, especially since better brands "larger" condoms (like Maxx, measuring in at a generous 58mm) really ARE larger, and not only on a bell curve with their other styles, if you follow me.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited September 21, 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.