Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » i might have sex this saturday but im barely ending my first pack of pills, what shod

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i might have sex this saturday but im barely ending my first pack of pills, what shod
kit kat patty wack
Neophyte
Member # 40868

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kit kat patty wack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ive been with my boyfriend a while and we have finally decided to have sex im madly in love with him but the problem is i started the pill this month and im ending the pack on saturday (the day we want to have sex) is it safe? or should i wait [Confused]
Posts: 13 | From: Oregon | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you just back up with condoms? It's simple, cheap, offers you extra protection and, bonus, also offers STI protection (which the pill doesn't).

But yes, if you have been taking the pill as directed (no late or missed pills, not done anything that can interfere with hormonal bc), then you should be able to rely on it to protect you at the end of the first cycle.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kit kat patty wack
Neophyte
Member # 40868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kit kat patty wack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have another question if anything where to happen like the condom breaking the pill would still protect right?
Posts: 13 | From: Oregon | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given you will have been by then for the pill for an entire cycle and assuming you did take your pills properly, then yes you should be protected against pregnancy.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kit kat patty wack
Neophyte
Member # 40868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kit kat patty wack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do have another question for 8 days ive been spotting and after 3 days it got even worse it has a strange coloration and im on my reminder pill that has no hormones i dont think i did anything wong and im also having bad cramps and i got all this before my reminder pills will that all change im confused and its still going on will it effect on my protection for pregnancy?
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Provided you've taken your pills everyday within the window of time your pill allows you should be protected.

Things can be a little unpredictable the first few months you take hormonal birth control so nothing you're describing sounds worrisome. If it doesn't level out in the next couple of cycles you'll want to call your provider and talk about switching to a different hormone formulation but chances are things will improve.

[By the way, I'm moving this to Safer Sex and Birth Control.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.