Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » period lasting a day?plz help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period lasting a day?plz help
christina9
Activist
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi , ive been taking the pill for maybe 7 months now , and usualy my periods last between 2 to 4 days , but my last periods lasted just a day!
Sorry if im being graffic , but my pad was maybe half full the first day and the second day there was just a little pink spot.

Ive taken my pill everyday...I never forget it..and my partner does not ejaculate while were having sex...but now im just starting to paranoi , I look at my stomach in the miror and start wondering if it got bigger [Frown] is it normal that my period lasted a day? If I get any blood doesnt that mean im not pregnant?Or if it lasts only a day , does that mean that theres a chance that I might be pregnant?

Thank you for your responses

Posts: 111 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to make sure we're on the same page, have you been using the pills including taking a seven-day placebo period between packs?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christina9
Activist
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well im taking Diane34 which doesnt include any placebo , I basically just stop taking pills for seven days and ive been taking them regularly , well not at the same hour everyday , but I try my best to not exceed 3 hours like asked. My doctor even told me that there is no danger of me having sex during those seven days also...does placebo pills have something to do with having less of a chance of getting pregnant???
Posts: 111 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only asked because if you had been taking pill packs back-to-back without a placebo, it would be a given that you would not see much withdrawal bleed, if any.

Even though you are including the placebo period, there's still no reason to assume anything is wrong. It's pretty typical for BCPs to cause a shorter and/or lighter "period" than you'd have when not on them. And there's no reason to presume that shorter withdrawal bleed means your pills aren't effective. (And a placebo period doesn't impact that either: your doctor is telling you the right thing.)

I'd just keep an eye on it, and if for the next few cycles all you have is a day of very light bleeding, just double check with your prescribing doc. But it's likely just fine.

And just to be clear, visible changes in the appearance of the stomach with pregnancy doesn't happen for quite some time, and you'd not still be having a bleed when expected if you had become pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.