Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » bcp effectiveness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bcp effectiveness
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
So... i've been taking my bcp's for something about 5 cicles now... never missed a pill, never taken it more than 4hours late (in one year is this considered perfect? )
My question is: even I'm being on the pill... when I'm aroused i get REALLY wet... this compromise in some kind my bcp "safety"? The fact that i get really wet means that if something which isn't supposed to (read: sperms) gets in it will be easier to something goes wrong?
Thank you ever since,
;*

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi StarrDust. How much vaginal lubrication you produce has no effect on the pill's effectiveness. Also, perfect use can only really be attained in a laboratory setting, but it sounds like you're as close to perfect as it can get! So for you the pill would definitely be around the highest effectiveness. We have a couple of really great articles about the pill that really go into detail about how the pill works, I suggest checking them out:
Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)
How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.