Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » timing problem with the pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: timing problem with the pill
bebsangel
Neophyte
Member # 25514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my first Ortho-Novum filled yesterday. I should start my period tomorrow so I'm going to go the first day instead of the Sunday start.
I have a small problem though. I work third shift during the week. Lately I haven't been working weekends at all. So when I don't work weekends, I have a very sporadic sleep schedule and usually am exhausted. Does anyone have an opinion of the best time when you don't always sleep at a certain time? I mean even during the week I may come straight home and crash. Sometimes I may sleep until I have to be at work that night, other times I have something planned for the evening so need to sleep at the beginning of the day, and other times I have plans at the beginning of the day. Weekends I may go to sleep at 9pm and wake up early, or go to sleep at 5am and sleep late.
But an a piece of advice that I am going to do to rememeber to take it at whatever time I chose: I have a cell phone with an alarm clock. If you have a cell phone equipped with alarm clock you may want to set it and title in medicine or pill or something that when it goes off you know what it means. Just remember to enable it everyday after it goes off, also make sure you have the pm/am right. This is what I want to try, but we'll see how well it works.
How does a third shift employee pick a time?

Posts: 15 | From: Dayton, TN, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about picking a time in the middle of the day, like 3 or 4 pm? Right around lunchtime or dinnertime would work too, provided you regularly eat dinner and would therefore remember to take your pill right after.
Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.