Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » what can happen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what can happen?
bubbles376
Neophyte
Member # 19167

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bubbles376     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i have had sex a lot and we always use a condom. I started the pill but i havent told him cuz i dont want him to think that he doesnt have to use a condom. i havent been taking the pills on an exact time usually its between 9-10. well i was at his house and his parents werent home so we went to his room. we werent using a condom at first cuz it felt better to him without one and we couldnt find one. He kept pulling out cuz he didnt want to bust in me. we searched his drawers and we found one but as we were doing it he pulled out and noticed the condom was broke but he pulled out right before he busted cuz he knew "it felt to good for some reason" im wondering if there is a chance of prenancy cuz that was my last day on my period and i still had one more reminder pill that night to take??? please help
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should use condoms, in addition to the pill, since condoms can prevent STD's; the pill won't. (Using the reason "they don't feel good, or feels better not to use one" sounds like BS to me. There are different sized condoms, and if smaller ones are cutting of circulation or something, he can get bigger ones. But it sounds like a load of sugar in my opinion)

Check out this link, it could help:

What's The Risk? Pregnancy Flow Chart

------------------
Good luck! :)
-Jam

"We're not stupid, we're just not smart"

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also: check your pill package for how long your particular brand takes to become effective. We always recommend waiting for a full pack (that's the three weeks of hormone pills and the week of placebos) before counting on it for birth control, but it's possible for it to become effective before then. We just never ever recommend that you count on it.

If it's been less than 100 hours since the risk, you can still take Emergency Contraception if you don't want to get pregnant.

As an aside, being honest with your partner is always a good thing. If you feel that you should use condoms as well as birth control, that's really a decision he should respect--it's not entirely up to him to decide that you being on the pill is enough. Jam is right that condoms are generally a good idea, since they lessen the chance of pregnancy even more and help to prevent STDs. But in order to use them correctly, you have to use them every time.

------------------
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also worth mentioning that if you don't think your partner can or will respect your birth control and safer sex needs, might be time to reconsider having that person as a partner.

If you're close to him and have a good realtionship, be honest and give him a chance to support you, eh? if he doesn't, then rather than thinking it means you have to battle with him all the time about going without a condom, see it instead as a signal that he's either not ready for partnered sex, or needs to be informed he NEEDS to accept birth control + safer sex practice.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.