Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » BC/withdrawal question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BC/withdrawal question
denis
Neophyte
Member # 18099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for denis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first off, we should know better... My girlfriend tried starting the pill, but it made her sick and vomit and all that, so she took it for three days, then stopped. We had sex with condoms a few times, but mostly unprotected sex. After stopping the pill, her period started again for a few days. This was in a two week timespan April 15 through the 20. Now, her next period was due on May 7. Today is May 11, and it hasn't happened yet. She took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative, but she's still worried. I am, too, honestly. Could her schedule be messed up b/c of taking the birth control for a few days plus the extra days of bleeding afterward? Is there a good chance she's pregnant even though the test was negative?
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, stopping wouldn't have made a big difference: having unprotected sex before she had completed one full cycle of pills created a risk all by itself.

At this date, though, if she took the test correctly, you can likely rest assured she isn't pregnant (STD/STI risks are another matter). You can verify that with a second test if you like.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denis
Neophyte
Member # 18099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for denis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. One thing I was wrong about-- I accidentally typed that April 20 was the last time we had sex when it was actually the 25th. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, though the pregnancy test was negative, she still hasn't gotten her period, though she was feeling signs... Are you saying that the brief time she was on the pill, which interrupted her period for a few days, then when she stopped, and her period started again, wouldn't put her off schedule? Could this lateness be mostly due to stress then?

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.