Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Should I take the ECP?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I take the ECP?
mm_mm_good
Activist
Member # 9391

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mm_mm_good     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on birth control for about 8 cycles now. However, on top of bc pills, my boyfriend and I have always used a condom as a "double-up" protection... Up until this morning. Today, we had sex twice, and both times we decided not to use a condom. Now, I am kind of paranoid about getting pregnant so I'm debating on whether or not to take the ECP. See, I'm usually pretty good at taking my bc pills.. 2 hours after the usual time at latest. But every once in awhile, I'll forget & end up taking maybe 6hrs later than the original time. Within the last week, I don't believe I've taken any pill too late, but I'm not 100% sure.. so would my best bet be to take the pill? I've taken it once before, and it's gotten me very sick.. If my chances of pregnancy are slim, then I'd rather not take it again.
Posts: 61 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you have been taking your pills consistently (and it sounds like you have), then do not take emergency contraception. in fact, if you take your pill just fine, chances are you probably won't be given a Rx for EC.

but stop giving yourself something to freak out over and get back into the condom habit. the peace of mind is worth the effort, now isn't it?

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.