Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Sex in a box!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex in a box!
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really wish that you could just get a kit of all sorts of safe sex needs in a box at the store, but you can't. I just think it's a really great idea. Do they even exist? I would definitely purchase one. I think they should include:

1. Unlubricated latex condoms
2. Small bottle of lube
3. Dental dams
4. Latex gloves
5. Pregnancy test
6. Local numbers/addresses where you can get birth control pills and the morning after pill

I think that's it. I can't think of anything else I would want in the box. Of course, the box should look really cool. I don't know what I would want on it, but... It would still be cool.

Do these safe sex boxes really exist, and I'm just not looking in the right places?

I think it would be really cool for Scarleteen to make some and sell them in the stores, but that would be extremely difficult. It's something that you could look into though, maybe... Oh well, just a thought.

Oh yeah, I also know that you could just make your own, but I think it would be a lot easier to just buy one already made. Maybe I'm wrong though...

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Keoki!Good Idea! But you left out luricated DUREX condoms!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I also forgot flavored condoms!

------------------
Useless Crap

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, sounds like a perfect gift for a friend you really care about.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Hey, that's a good idea. Heh, "I don't want to have sex with you but I care about you, so have safe sex with someone else."

I just think it would be a really good idea for Scarleteen to have. A really cool volunteer thing too. You know, asking companies to donate and stuff. Asking the stores to sell it. Putting boxes together... It would be a fun project to do and then have it sell big in the long run.

------------------
Useless Crap

Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like a safer sex kit too! Another nice thing to put in the kit would be dental dams. Oh, and instructions for how to use everything! However, I don't think that this is economically feasible for Scarleteen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scarleteen is not a registered business/company. Scarleteen is a private volunteer run site. All of the products sold at Scarleteen's store are in partnership with other companies, such as Cafe Press, Drugstore.com, and Powells. I don't think it'd be feasible for Scarleteen to make these kits; Scarleteen would have to buy the supplies, put the kits together, and then distribute them (without a commercial license).

I could be completely wrong about this though. Only Heather would know, I reckon.

------------------
Ash
Watch out for Code Red.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we considered making this kits at some point, but decided the idea was unfeasible. It'd be nice to be able to, though. Even the name's cute.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

It's too bad that it's unfeasable. It would be just as fun as getting a whole bunch of volunteers to organize the kit as being able to buy and use it.

We could try for condom companies to make them though, and try to get them to put Scarleteen in with the addresses of local clinics and things.

I know that I want to organize this of some kind. Where should I start?

------------------
Useless Crap

DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a really good idea. And yeah, the name is cute too.

I was wondering, couldn't we just make them ourselves ? I mean, like could a "normal" people do it without trouble with copyrights, trademarks and such stuff ?

Because if I can, you bet I might really consider doing it.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Yeah, but don't you think it would cost less if it was already put together? And... I personally think that people might use dental dams and latex gloves more. You know, since they're there. I'm not positive though.

------------------
Useless Crap

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.