Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » New ideas in underpants. :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New ideas in underpants. :)
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is still in development, and I'm not sure how it'd work in practice, but it could be truly brilliant. I have seen harnesses made to hold dental dams, but this is a step in a similar direction.

Latex panties: http://www.janesway.tierranet.com/

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ... I've never seen or heard of anything like that!! I'd still be kind of scared that i'd get pregnant, because it looks like it could easily slip or something like that. I guess i'm just really old fashioned I like the idea of a condom or diaphram because I *know* how to use it and i know that the chances of accidents happening is slim to none when it's used correctly. That was a great link Ms S
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking their best use would really be for oral sex, mutual masturbation or manual sex personally.

I'm with you on a more traditional viewpoint, Smurf.

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh. I don't know. I mean, the whole idea just seems REALLY awkward, not to mention that I don't know about sensation...Basically, I guess, other than just being scared of it from its looks =) , I'm just freaked out.

------------------
~lemming

"This was a Pizza Hut, now it's all covered in daisies..." ~Talking Heads, in "Nothing But Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was cute! Kinda strange...but still cute. I think it's a good idea. And I betcha in ten years they'll have them arranged/made/produced so they're as good as condoms.

Brittany

Hmmm...wonder if you can get the latex in different colors to match?

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with lemming... and how would you get in in there?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet*howl
Activist
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet*howl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I can tell there is atually a part that is inside the vagina. I guess that's a good idea as you could be completely prepared 24 hours before...but making love with your underwear on? Hey it'd be good for people who are into that. And what about lube? If you have self lubing problems wouldn't that be painful? Ithink it's a pretty good idea tho.

------------------
-Sweet*howl

Knowledge is power, use it wisely

Posts: 62 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.