Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » "...hands-free automatic 'sperm extractor'..."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "...hands-free automatic 'sperm extractor'..."
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is allowed but, it's funny. Anyways, they made a sperm helper machine for guys to donate sperm easily. What other inventions are they gonna come up with these days?

How hard is can this be for a guy to do what this machine does when he is capable of doing the same thing? I'm confused.

It's an article and a short video of this "invention"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206613/Chinese-hospitals-introduce-hands-free-automatic-sperm-extractor-donors-play-videos-help.html

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, the Daily Fail. (Just FYI, the Daily Mail is a UK tabloid.)

You know, my understanding is that it can be pretty hard. A lot of people aren't exactly turned on by being in an exam room, and the pressure to ejaculate in this situation can be intense for some people. Too, for couples struggling to conceive, a person may have to be going in to do this quite often.

You can probably imagine that reaching orgasm on command in just any environment isn't the easiest thing in the world. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this to be really 'odd' and funny. But, I'm not a guy so I wouldn't know and I hope they sterilize everything for the next one in line, aha.

Yea that would be hard for a male to donate sperm or even for the means to help his partner conceive.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm a little late to this, but I worked briefly at a fertility clinic as a laboratory technician (in fact, I was working there right around when these posts went up!), and one of the things I had to do was to "room" male patients into the collection room and provide them with instructions on how to collect semen samples for either a semen analysis procedure, intrauterine insemination (IUI), or in-vitro fertilization (IVF). I could honestly say that a vast majority of these male patients weren't exactly excited about giving a sample, and more often than not, they were scared, embarrassed, and ashamed even. On top of that, some were also under pressure because of the nature of their circumstances, where they only had one chance to make the procedure work, and their partners were counting on them. So yes, it can be stressful, and I've had patients ask to come back to try again at another time because they simply couldn't handle the pressure. The collection room itself isn't exactly all that inviting --the one I worked at consisted primarily of a couch, a TV, some magazines, a sink/wash stand, and a trashcan-- even though I made efforts to keep it clean between patients and did my best to help them feel comfortable and at home with themselves.

Point being, putting stress on something that is otherwise meant to be private, intimate, and pleasurable is almost always going to be a hard thing, whether or not one is capable of doing it on his/her own or not.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 215 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other end of the original point, I can't resist posting this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI because I think it's hilarious. There's a reason Heather called it "The Daily Fail". I don't Think these are real headlines, but they might as well be. There's even a game where you construct amusing Fail headlines out of common "controversial" topics and inflammatory language.

I wouldn't expect the Mail to report on something like this with any kind of sensitivity or actual perspective, like Heather and Patricia gave.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1443 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.