Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » internet sites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: internet sites
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive recently been contacted through email chat by this girl whos tracked me down from a dating site ive registered with but ive not paid up the membership we started talking sex talk ligh she said shes wet and would like to be wathed play via web cam but i didnt watch im confused want this girl wants im new to this stuff please help
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really not sure how we could help with something like this.

Whether we're talking about sex in person or cybersex, the only way to find out what a person wants when you're not sure is to ask that person. I'm pretty certain we don't know this person and that she hasn't talked to us about what she wants from you, so I don't know how we could know.

But she certainly could.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is cypersex and what is phone sex please help because i really dont know what they are
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phone sex means people talking on the phone about sex in a way where they are expressing sexual feelings or role-playing sex. Cybersex means using a computer to do that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are they safe to do i got really sexually excited when she was chatting to me throug email chat was that cyber sex
Heather
Member # 3

Having no idea what site you were using or how you have your computer, browser, email and internet connection settings, we couldn't begin to tell you. The internet is a very big place.

However, if you are giving someone your email you can be giving them personal information about you, including some that may identify things like who you are by name and where you live. So, it's always sound to be very cautious about who you share that information with.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

its a site called -- edited per our guidelines -- and my email is yahoo if thats any help

[ 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

Heather
Member # 3

We really can't walk users through all of their possible internet security issues for sites other than this one. That's just WAY outside of what we can offer people and how we can use our limited resources.

Instead, how about you go and read up at some resources about your security online and perhaps ask people at forums or help desks for those sites for help with that?

Really, it's on the user of any site to read the terms and conditions, read the privacy policies -- I'm sure that site has them, I just saw clear links to them -- and the same goes with using email. If you were a minor, I'd tell you to check with your parents and school, but since you're a legal adult, this is just something you need to educate yourself about.

Here are some links to help you do that:
• http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/social-networking.aspx
• http://www.usa.gov/topics/family/privacy-protection/online.shtml

(Also, I need to edit that link out. per our guidelines and policies, we make clear links to over-18 sites aren't okay.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

thanks im sorry for causing you hassel with the link sorry
Heather
Member # 3

No worries. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.