Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Drop Dead Diva-totally worth watching!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drop Dead Diva-totally worth watching!
Kalex
Activist
Member # 43486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drop Dead Diva is a show I've really been enjoying lately, and I figured people here would appreciate it also. The basic concept is a bit silly, but I love what they've done with it. A shallow model called Deb gets hit by a car, and nearly gets to heaven before there is a mix-up and she instead finds herself in the body of an intelligent, plus-sized lawyer called Jane. It's a TV show with a beautiful, smart woman who actually looks like a real person as the lead! It deals with issues of body image and attitudes towards heavier people in a frank way, while also treating the new Jane as a desirable woman worthy of happiness.

There are all sorts of little subplots and other characters who get storylines, like Jane's guardian angel Fred trying to adjust to the peculiarities of life on earth (and his crush on Deb/Jane's sweet, loyal, and slightly vacant friend).

If anyone needs some feel-good summer TV that's actually worthwhile, give it a shot.

Posts: 52 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.