Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Erotic literature?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Erotic literature?
clamourous_glamour
Neophyte
Member # 17598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clamourous_glamour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what you guys read, but along the sex lit lines, I've gotten through:
*Forever, by Judy Blume: good for the squeamish. Fairly good introduction to reading on and experiencing teenage sexual relationships.
*Anais Nin's short stories. Erm, a bit off the wall but great if, like me, your sexual imagination can sometimes lead you down bizarre/fascinating paths. Also good if you are after dirty sex stories mixed with questions about the nature of sexuality.
Do you prefer online stories, cartoons like anime, or buying novels when it comes to sex fiction? Or do you ignore sex fiction altogether?

Posts: 12 | From: Britain | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeangenie
Activist
Member # 16168

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jeangenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a huge fan of erotic fiction. I've found the best at nerve.com (is out-of-site linking ok? i checked the guidlines but i wasn't sure...) Most of the erotic fiction I read is fetish related but if you're into bdsm try Justine by the Marquis de Sade or Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille. If you like Anais Nin's short stories try reading her journals, I found them fascinating. Also, not really erotic but lots of fun, Choke by Chuck Palahnuik. Great author. He also wrote Fight Club.
Posts: 53 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Linking is fine as long as the content isn't age restricted, providing inaccurate information, or simply hateful.)
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.