Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Books for my B-day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Books for my B-day
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all.

I'm in a little bit of a pickle at the moment. I'm not open about my bisexuality to my parents although the majority of my close friends know.

I really want to read some GLB books to see how other people cope and to break through some of the stereotypes in my head (because even I have them and i'm bi myself)

I have a couple of books in mind. and Mum and Dad have been asking what i would like for my birthday.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how i can ask for that kind of reading material without them sussing i am myself bisexual?

------------------
Rosie
the girl dreams are made of =)

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiptoe
Neophyte
Member # 11733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiptoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took a quick glance at my bookshelf and these two books seemed like good choices:

Girl Power by Hillary Carlip is a book containing writings from all kinds of girls, including bisexual and homosexual girls.

Listen Up: Voices from the Next Feminist Generation edited by Barbara Findlen is a brilliant book for a million reasons. It also includes writings by bisexual and homosexual women and I would suggest this book even for girls that do not identify as queer or feminist.

Posts: 13 | From: Wisco | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for your suggestions

------------------
Rosie
the girl dreams are made of =)

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.