Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » No so Secret-ion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No so Secret-ion
Curious Bee
Neophyte
Member # 110686

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Curious Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this has been happening for as long as I started menstruating. I realize that vaginal secretion is common and happens all the time. Yet sometimes, and sometimes means at least twice a month, I for some reason discharge enjoy that it goes straight through the panties and wet my jeans or shorts. I did some research recently if there might be something wrong but apparently nothing comes up when "too much" discharge comes out.
I know its a women thing but it happens all the time. I did start birth control, through patches, in November, but it didn't I suppose minimize it. Any help would be great.
Coloration and odor are still the same, nothing out of the ordinary except the occasional amount. I do notice a small reduction in amount if I become committed to a intimate relationship, but I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Posts: 2 | From: Albuquerque | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Curious Bee!

Some folks do tend to have greater amounts of discharge from time to time; we can't know for sure what's happening for you, but occasional heavier discharge isn't necessarily a problem. You could keep some pantiliners around for those days when it's heavier, if you like.

This is something you could bring up with a doctor at your next appointment, if you like, but honestly it just sounds like you're having normal discharge that is fairly heavy sometimes.

Have you seen this article? Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do want to reiterate that checking in with your sexual healthcare provider, just in case, is a good idea. BV, in particular, often tends to present with increased and thinner discharge, so you'll just want to be sure you're not walking around with an untreated bacterial infection, since that can present extra risks for your overall health.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curious Bee
Neophyte
Member # 110686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curious Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you both. I really appreciate the feedback. I never quite understood why on the most random day I would have a "heavy" discharge but just accepted it as the way my body was. But I will go to my doctor to check.
Posts: 2 | From: Albuquerque | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.