Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » penetration doesn't work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: penetration doesn't work
fluorite
Activist
Member # 109610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fluorite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Whenever I try and put anything into my vagina I can't. It hurts too much. I have tried inserting tampons over the past 8 or so years at various times, can't do it. I can't insert my own fingers during masturbation even a little bit, even if I'm really aroused. I tried to get a pap smear once but it hurt so much the gynecologist stopped before she had the speculum in. She also said everything looked normal. A couple of times my ex tried to insert her fingers, too, but that didn't work either. I know one doesn't need penetration to have sex, but I would like it to be a thing that's possible. Additionally I would like to be able to use a cup during my period because pads are expensive and I get excema frequently from them. any suggestions as to what I can do?
Posts: 54 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fluorite,

Sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated with this situation. You mention seeing an OB-GYN. Have you discussed the penetration difficulties with them? If so, did they have any thoughts?

If you haven't taken a look yet, this article might be a good place to start answering your question:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/i_cannot_insert_anything_into_my_vagina_what_should_i_do

[ 02-17-2014, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fluorite
Activist
Member # 109610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fluorite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't have any thoughts other than 'everything looks normal'. This was a few years ago though. To be honest I am scared to see another OB-GYN because I'm afraid they would go through with a pap smear even if I was in severe pain (I've had other experiences with doctors telling me that I was not feeling pain when in fact I was) and additionally I've experienced sexual abuse since then, so the idea of being naked in front of anybody is terrifying. (the penetration issue has been there since before the abuse though so while that may not be helping anything it also wasn't the original cause of anything. I will look at that article.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully, the article will give you some good starting points to try in terms of tampons or cups.

I can see why you are reticent to seek out further medical treatment, given those experiences. Have you gotten any counseling or other support to help you with recovering from the sexual abuse that occurred?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.