Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » is this just me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this just me?
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some weird history of ejaculating just a little before climaxed but that doesn't mean I am finished, my penis was still hard but it may soften a bit so I can continue having sex for a minute before the orgasm and the rest of ejaculate comes. So I know for sure withdrawal method really is not going to work for me [Razz]

When it comes to condom use: is the condom still effective if I ejaculate some before, the penis shrink a bit, then continue having sex?

If the condom slip a bit (the condom moved around a little on my penis) but it was still on my penis when I withdrew that means I am good right? or that counts as condom slip? because it happened a few times

Thanks before [Smile]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gilang, I hope I can help. I feel like this could mean a couple of things:

If this is pre-ejaculate, i.e. the liquid that appears and acts as a lubricant during intercourse (and could make a condom more slippery) then it can only contain very little sperm and probably none.

If it is an ejaculation from a sort of 'small orgasm' before you have a 'big orgasm' (this isn't so uncommon) it would be the sort of thing that you can feel happening and which feels similar to orgasm, and which looks like sperm, i.e. thick and cloudy, not clear and runny... then what you have there is a liquid much more likely to cause pregnancy than the above.

Both could contain sperm though, so if it comes in direct contact with some-ones vulva, it becomes slightly more possible that you risk pregnancy.

However, that doesn't mean the condom is not effective, and it doesn't mean you are anywhere near the degree of risk that comes with unprotected penis-in-vagina sex.

The effectiveness of a condom describes whether it breaks or not, an effective condom is one that doesn't break, or slip off completely, meaning that it does none of the work of preventing pregnancy. If neither of those things are happening, then it sounds to me that the condom is doing a relatively good job, but a pregnancy risk could still be present.

If your penis is moving a lot inside the condom then you may see an increased risk of breakage which would present a much higher pregnancy risk.

But if you do think some (very small amount of) liquid is making contact with your partner's vulva, although the risk posed is small, or if you think a breakage could happen there are some things you could do to reduce that risk, here's a short list;

• Trying different sized and shaped condoms and finding one that fits so it doesn't leave
  • Holding the base of the condom when this small ejaculation occurs
  • If you can't find a condom to fit more snugly Using a silicone 'cockring', just to secure the base of the condom could also help (I need a technical term for that!)
  • Discussing with your partner if they would like to decrease the risk but using a 2nd form of contraception.

Edit: See the post bellow if the quantity is much more significant, in which case, as here, a new condom would be safest.

[ 12-28-2013, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 693 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jacob, you did a very good explanation, thanks [Smile]

Yes it was 'small orgasm' because it feels like an orgasm and the fluid was semen because it was thick and white

So it is safe to say that the condom will unlikely leaks semen during intercourse?

Also about putting on a condom, I noticed when running down my finger to ditch air bubbles I found out below my 'head' there is always a little space ring for air (I am circumsised)is that a problem?

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're having a minor orgasm before the major one, there are some things you could try: it's not usually advisable to continue intercourse after ejaculation for the reasons we already stated, and so putting on a new condom could be a really good way to deal with some of the issues you're worried about. That would be the safest option.

If it is reaching the base of the condom it sounds to me like a significant quantity, posing a pregnancy risk and a new condom would be necessary to keep that from happening.

With your question about air bubbles; that can increase a risk of breakage, but can also be hard to stop happening for some penis shapes (we are all different after all). Something to consider-however, apart from other condom options, is lubrication.

Basically during intercourse a condom is a layer of latex between two skin surfaces moving past each-other and it is going to stick to the least slippery one. Currently it sounds as though it is more wet 'inside' your condom, hence the slippage, but by making it more slippery on the outside, by applying lubrication, it is also going to make it more secure on your penis because the slippage is going to happen on the outside.

That is something else to consider.

[ 12-28-2013, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 693 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

(Also, condoms don't leak unless they break, so it's obvious breakage to worry about, not invisible leakage)
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Thanks Jacob, you did a real good job but I am a little confused:

Condom don't leak unless they break, but you said earlier that if semen don't stay in the tip it could pose a pregnancy risk?

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not Jacob, but I think Jacob was specifically responding to what you were asking about. In correct usage, condoms don't leak unless they break. However, you were describing using a condom in a way which is not correct usage: you described ejaculating some amount and your penis becoming slightly softer and still continuing to use the same condom. When a penis becomes softer, the condom will no longer fit well around the penis - there will likely be space between the condom and penis. If there is ejaculate in the condom, it's possible for the ejaculate to be pushed out through that space. So, a new condom should be used for any sex after ejaculation.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Thank you Redskies, I will make sure to change condom if this happened again [Smile]

Actually, I had been thinking about a new condom but usually the time between the minor and major ejaculation was no more than a minute or two. So it is kinda awkward if I change condom and then when I insert it again I would come lol.

Keep up the good job guys

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.