Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » White globby discharge in toilet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White globby discharge in toilet
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 2 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! For the past few weeks I've been having some white globs of discharge come out of me when I go to the toilet. I have just been having more discharge in general this cycle, but these globs are new for me. This has been happening since about the beginning of this months's pill pack. I'm also spotting slightly, but that isn't new. I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and my boyfriend and I always use condoms when we have sex, although last week he did pull off the condom then accidentally bump the head of his soft penis against my vagina a little later when he was hugging me. I take my pills religiously within the same half hour period every day, so I'm not that worried about being pregnant, but I thought that might be important information for you guys you know. Is this something to worry about, or just a funny little quirk of my body?

[ 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: amy_the_artist ]

Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amy, have you seen our article on discharge? That should help you out: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh! Well, it smells and looks normal, there's just a lot of it, and I don't have any other symptoms like itching or burning, so maybe I'll just wait until I go to my GP in a couple weeks and ask her?

Amy

Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep: if there is no noticeable odor and no other symptoms, it's likely regular discharge and you can wait to bring it up with your GP.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, back again. Now there's even more and it's turned all sort of runny and yellow. I did some research and think it might be bacterial vaginosis. Is this urgent? I head to my GP in about a week, do I need to rush off to a clinic or can I just wait until then? I still don't have any other symptoms, no smell or pain or anything...

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.