Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » why is that?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why is that?
Jazzygirl
Neophyte
Member # 107628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jazzygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 weeks and when we made out the first time. It was amazing. The second time also amazing. But after we make out , I always feel sick to my stomach and I feel like throwing up. Here's my question. Why is it after every make out session I feel this way and feel guilty afterwards?
Posts: 8 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jazzygirl! [Smile]

Sometimes when we don't feel ready or comfortable doing something, anxiety - and guilt - can kick in. Not because you are doing something wrong, but because you are doing something you don't feel completely comfortable with.

Reading through your previous post I see this is not the first time you feel like this. I am wondering if you have talked with your boyfriend about how are you feeling after these making out sessions? Have you both talked about boundaries, limits, and what do you both want and don't want to happen yet?

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this is one of those where you are really going to have to figure that out for yourself.

To get started on that, you can look at a few things that are typical causes of people feeling like this:

• Your history in terms of how you were raised per sexuality, especially if you have gotten messages about any kind of sexual activity, including kissing, being bad or wrong
• How you feel about the relationship this is happening within
• Your own ideas about sex and sexuality, and how okay you feel it is or is not

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68261 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.