Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » How to lose weight in this time of year?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to lose weight in this time of year?
Carelesslyinlove
Neophyte
Member # 108988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carelesslyinlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 5'7". Now I'm 149 lbs and I have 25 lbs to lose... Measurements are 32DD-29-43. i have lovehandles and saddlebags and my hips are way too wide and my thighs are fat i have no thigh gaps despite having very wide hips and my arms arent toned enough. I feel and I know I'm too heavyset. But I feel like an anorexic or something to not celebrate as far as eating out on my birthday or thanksgiving or upcoming parties for Christmas and new year's. I ate apple pie and thanksgiving and now I'm worried if its going to impede in my goal. I eat 800-900 calories a day and exercise 30 minutes to an hour running jump rope and aerobics yoga 30 minutes and another half hour of basics and strength training. So for breakfast I eat five egg whites, and blueberries and a slice of rye bread. For lunch, I have low fat cottage cheese and an open turkey sandwich and for dinner I have a salad with lots of vegetables. Sometimes I eat salmon with it. However despite healthily eating and exercising I'm still the same sized pretty sure it's not easy having control when I see no results and everyone else is enjoying themselves. What am I doing wrong? Advice?
Posts: 2 | From: New Orleans Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carelesslyinlove! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

Dieting is totally out of our scope, and mostly because it's something *anyone* should do -if they want or need to- under the supervision of a healthcare provider. So we are not really trained to give advice about this.

However, we are always more than happy to talk with our users about ways to improve a healthy-positive body image and self-esteem.

Maybe you can give this article a try:

The Scarleteen Do-it

Hope this helps! [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.