Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » HELP... Decreased Sensitivity in Clitoris :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP... Decreased Sensitivity in Clitoris :(
kittenkitten2
Neophyte
Member # 108733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittenkitten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 19 and have lost most of my sexual desire.
My clitoris isn't as sensitive as it used to be and I find it hard to reach orgasm at all even after long periods of stimulation. Could it be that I'm not working out or excersising enough?
The only way I have ever masturbated was the water faucet,
can this have decreased my sensitivity in some way?
I'm really scared that I'll never enjoy masturbation again. These days its just a hassle to do... and I don't even really get aroused.. I have to think extremely dirty thoughts I don't even likeand sometimes that doesn't even help. Do

Posts: 1 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi kittenkitten2,

First off, masturbating with a facet our showerhead is pretty common, and is not going to cause damage unless water is being forced into the vagina (e.g putting the showerhead directly in the vaginal opening).
Have you gotten a chance to read these two articles? I think you might find the info in them helpful to your situation.
How Do You Masturbate?
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You say you aren't getting aroused when you masturbate, which makes me wonder if you are aroused at all when you decide to. Would it help to wait until you are feeling aroused to masturbate?
Many people won't find the same sorts of touch that are pleasurable when they're aroused feel that great when they aren't, so if you're starting from an unaroused place, I'm not surprised that you aren't feeling particularly sensitive.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.