Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Late period? Paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period? Paranoia
pickleberry
Neophyte
Member # 108691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pickleberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, so my period is about a week late, and this has never happened before. I read through all the pregnancy articles, and have learned that because i have not had direct genital contact, and fingering with precum on fingers is not an issue (i'm pretty sure there wasn't anyway) i know that it is irrational to think that i am pregnant. however, today i experienced really dry, old blood discharge instead of what was supposed to be my period. and i read that this is a sign of pregnancy. is this normal? does this mean my period should be coming soon? Also, i am not on birth control pills, i was pretty stressed this month, and i do not exercise too vigorously.

[ 10-16-2013, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: pickleberry ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi pickleberry,

It is not unusual for periods to change from time to time in terms of what colour/texture it is etc. I am pleased to hear you have read through the articles and have managed to determine that you had no risk there. If you have been quite stressed that can cause your period to be a bit delayed too. I can't tell you if you will be getting your period soon as I can't know that but for now I would say try not to stress about it and it will probably turn up!

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pickleberry
Neophyte
Member # 108691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pickleberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks so much! this week i was feeling really anxious about possibly being pregnant and everything. this site has gotten me to calm down a lot and i can't express how awesome you guys are.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I'm pleased we can help put your mind at ease!
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.