Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Little help needed, ASAP?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little help needed, ASAP?
NekoNightly
Neophyte
Member # 108618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NekoNightly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before posting here, I read the shaving FAQ, and I just want to put it out there that i'm not interested in this cosmetically, but today my vulva felt quite sore thanks to being very dry today, wearing hot tights on an uncomfortable itchy school chair, so I shaved just the bit underneath where it was sore where the hair was prickling. However, I THEN thought to consider that I will probably be engaging in sexual behaviour (probably intercourse) this weekend, and I would like to know if the hair will have grown enough to not be stubbly and hurt by then, or if I will just have to shave it off daily before then to stop it getting painful. You see, both I and my partner really want to be sexual in this time as we're not going to see eachother for a while afterwards, but I don't really want some infection or stubble ruining this time for us :c
Not entirely sure what to do with it from a comfort standpoint (I prefer it grown, but I only shaved it because it was jabbing the side of my clitoris and hurting a lot, since I recently trimmed it). Is there any way I can make sure the area is soft for the weekend? I really want the time I have with my partner to be special, and stubble and infections doesn't reek of romance to me. It just sounds painful, and pain is not something I really want if I can avoid it.
My partner is very understanding and if I wanted to say no to sex, I could, but I really, REALLY want to go ahead with this and so does he, especially since this is going to be his first time, and we've both been excited for a while, since he's away in education it's been hard to see eachother much, and his funds mean it may be another month or so, just based on that, but then exams factor in too and we're both in the middle of exams at the moment so the chance of seeing him in the next 2 months is slim. He's been so considerate to me, buying lubricant and making sure i'm comfortable with the idea of this and finding out from me what I am and am not okay with, and we're both 110% sure we're ready for this, but I don't want to be giving him a lovely mess of pinpricks from my stubble. NOT the best gift you could recieve, eh?
I'd just like some advice on how to get it to be a soft area for this weekend and how to minimize infection while being sexual in this manner (in regards to the hair, again)?
Of course there are other sexual options aside from intercourse, which we will most probably be doing at some point, as we've both said, but those aren't of any issue right now, i'd just like to know about the whole intercourse thing and the stubble.
On a side note, I am on the birth control pill and have backup plans for it's failure, if it does fail, so no worries there.
Welp, I think that covered everything =)
=NekoNightly=

[ 10-07-2013, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: NekoNightly ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way to guarantee that the area you shaved won't be stubbly, but honestly, a bit of stubble isn't likely to make a huge difference one way or the other. Might it be a bit prickly for him? Yes, but it mostly likely won't be extremely uncomfortable, and a bit of extra lube can go a long way.

You can keep shaving if you like, but there's always the possibility with that of more irritation for you, so that is something you'll want to consider. Per risks of infection, if you're practicing safer sex, it's really not going to be a concern.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.