Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Quite embarrassing and touching question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quite embarrassing and touching question
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically bit of back ground ever since I was quite young I've always had self asteam issues and was am ware of my body. I was always on the bigger size as a younger child not very Girly and i always thought I was a big build. When I got into high school I always felt out of place all my mates would always get chatted up told they were nice where as I never did I guess I was seen as the 'ugly one' out of the group.

I then started putting loads of makeup on acting more Girly and in the end I lost so much weight by not eatting, to fit in with every one else. As I got a little older near the end of high school I finally began to find myself i cut down on the makeup and put on a little more weight but I still had the problem of comparing myself to others. I'm not 17 and am quite happy with the way I am I'm finally a lot more happier in the person I am, but theirs still one thing on my body that I'm really embarrassed and generally do not like at all and that's my boobs.

I guess it's because of what you see in the magazines they all seem so perfectly shaped no vains not a blemish on them. Obviously I don't see other people's so all I see is mine and then what you see on tv and magazine it's left me really unhappy with the way they look the size the shape, as I've gotten a little older Ive noticed dark hairs sometimes which really paranoys me I was wondering is this common? And would plucking them be ok? I always feel that my noobs ain't delvoped at they don't look anything like what I've seen on magazines :/ I feel really down about that part in my body and am completely not happy with the way they look

[ 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Mylah ]

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I understanding that the question you are asking is if it is healthy/okay, to remove dark hairs from your breasts?

or are you asking something more than that?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm asking that, and I'm wondering if its normal for them to look nothing like what people's do one magazines and stuff. Like the shape just the entire look of them really. Also I was wondering is it normal for people to have hair in them places and for them to be noticeable

--------------------
Believe in yourself, because if you don't who else will?

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, people, period, including their body parts, don't tend to look in real life like they do in magazines. Even the people and bodies you see in magazines don't look like that in real life!

It's basically normal for hair to be on any part of the body, including breasts. And it's okay to pluck those hairs if you'd like to do that, but it's equally okay to leave them there: whichever you prefer.

If you have a lot of hair on your breasts, though, you might want to check in with your doctor to be evaluated for PCOS and other issues. Because sometimes when that happens, it can be because someone has a health condition like PCOS or a hormonal imbalance, and those issues may need treatment or address.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not like loads but quite a few, maybe it's something's I should check in with my healthcare provider to be on the safe side as I never knew It could be related to something else.

I'm sorry but what is PCOS ? I have no idea, also if I went to my health care provider about this would they want to see them or would they just want to to tell them

Thankyou for your response

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Polycystic ovarian syndrome: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome/DS00423

Normally, a breast exam is part of a routine checkup with healthcare providers for adult people with breasts, so unless you say that isn't something you want, a breast exam, which includes a visual exam, is something they'll tend to do routinely, even without expressing this particular concern.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Thank you so much I'm going to take a look at the link Thankyou again heather

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

No trouble. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Sorry for messaging again, I've read the link and I just generally wanted to ask a question if that's ok if you can't say then that's fine I read some other symptoms but their weren't like specific. I ain't over weight, my periods last 7days but that's normal for me it's been like that or years ( they said something about prolonged periods so I didnt exactly know what they meant by that)

And my periods range between 4/-6 weeks I don't know f that means they are irregular? And when you said like excessive hair do you mean like boobs covered in dark hairs?

Sorry I just it's abit scary I generally never thought anything about it before just paranoid that's it but I don't want it to e anything serious

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

This is something to talk with a healthcare provider about, but PCOS was just one example I gave. It was by no means a suggestion it was a condition you have simply because you have hairs on your breasts. You'll note I gave even more weight to saying having hair on the body was common and usually normal. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Ill definitely just go down to talk about it thank you for your help I don't think it's anything but i just want to make sure. Thank you heather for your time and patience [Smile]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Really, if nothing else is going on that appears to signal a health issue, this isn't something to race to the doc about. Just something to check in with, if we're talking about a LOT of breast hair -- and ethnically, more body hair than not isn't common in your family -- the next time you are seeing your healthcare provider, like for your annual exam.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Oh it's definitely not a lot, it's probably not even that noticable to other people but it's just a little notiable for me I don't think I've got anything else so I won't rush but ill make sure when I'm next down their I will mention it.

Thankyou again heather you've really make me feel a lot better about the situation it's really really appreciated I can't thank you enough! [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.