Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » always in fear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: always in fear
Cristina
Neophyte
Member # 108226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months ago had a pregnancy scare and then I found that wasn't and ever since then I freak out over the littlest things and I think I'm pregnant all the time and I just found out I got OCD and also I have a fear of sperm being every where. which is really stressful on me because I have to wash my hands all the time and I put on so much hand sanitizer gets on my nerves. And I cry all the t time. I am now seeing a psychiatrist I still feel bad sometimes and a few minutes ago the back of my pants got a little wet but I'm not sure from what in my mind automatically assume it's sperm and since I live with my brotherand and dad I get super scared. I know these thoughts are irrational but again I have ocd. I was wearing yoga pants when I felt them moist so they are pretty thin and it was on the very bottom of my butt. Im just really scared and I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

--------------------
-thisgirl sprinkles

Posts: 28 | From: nc | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Cristina,

If you'll look around here, we have a lot of articles (like this one! Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?) that discuss how pregnancy can happen; what you're describing just isn't one of those ways. Maybe reading that article I linked and doing some more searches for articles about pregnancy on our site will help calm those fears a bit.

People who produce semen don't generally ejaculate all over the place, leaving semen around for other people to accidentally touch or brush up against. And even if they did, that sort of contact still wouldn't cause pregnancy.

Since you've recently had an OCD diagnosis and are seeing a psychiatrist, that's going to be your best source of support for these persistent fears. If you haven't specifically mentioned your pregnancy fears to them, I'd do that the next time you go in, so you can work with your psychiatrist to see how to best manage those fears.

[ 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Molias ]

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.