Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » feeling frustrated, body issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeling frustrated, body issues
vegangal
Neophyte
Member # 101168

Icon 13 posted      Profile for vegangal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been really frustrated for a while now, because I feel like I have not had a fulfilling sex life at all. I can't even masturbate without feeling uncomfortable. I don't know if this has to do with sexual traumas i've had in the past, low self-esteem or what, but I just get scared I'm going to 'break' my vagina/vulva/etc. especially this bumpy ridge at the opening. I don't like it and it makes me feel grossed out. I hate that I feel this way about a part of my body but it's true.

I've had sex with multiple partners but honestly I was not too jazzed about it.

I guess I'm just realizing I'm not comfortable in my self really, especially sexually, which is disheartening. Any advice on trying to make things easier for me/how to start easing through this discomfort?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vegangal,

I have a few questions:

Are you currently in a relationship?

Are you currently engaging in any sexual activity (with yourself or with others)?

When you say you feel discomfort, is it physical discomfort, mental discomfort, or both?

I'd say the first thing is to stop doing things that are making you feel bad about yourself.

There's never any requirement to masturbate or engage in sexual activities with other people.

How do you feel about your body and about your sexuality when you're not engaged sexually with yourself?

Are there nonsexual things you do that make you feel good about your body?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.