Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » PMS or Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PMS or Pregnant?
PandaKiddo
Neophyte
Member # 108044

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PandaKiddo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been having minor cramps for the past two days. i thought it wouldve went away and it did but it came back its like an on and off thing. i don't think its nothing serious. my period isnt due until the 11th of this month and i usually get cramps a day before. i know you get pms symptoms like a week before? but to me i think its too early. i would randomly get nauseous but not to the point where i want to throw up. its like really minor nausea nothing too serious also. since i always overreact i kept thinking it was pregnancy symptoms even though i already went to get tested and it was negative and i also had my period last month too so i don't think its that. and thats pretty much it. can it still be pms symptoms? need some advice.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi PandaKiddo and welcome to Scarleteen,,

it could be premenstrual symptoms. It could be something else. I couldn't even begin to guess what your body is doing since I can't see inside of it.

Remember that your digestive organs are also in your abdomen and pelvis, so cramping and nausea could be from digestive upset too.

As with anything, if you feel very ill or uncomfortable, your soundest option is to see your healthcare provider. otherwise, just do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable and wait and see what happens. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaKiddo
Neophyte
Member # 108044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaKiddo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks [Smile] Ya I keep thinking its premenstrual symptoms and the thing is I can't go to the doctor because I'm not 18 I'm 17. But I will keep the rest in mind. Thanks again
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to be a legal adult to seek out/get healthcare, including sexual healthcare.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaKiddo
Neophyte
Member # 108044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaKiddo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i called like a few weeks ago and they said i need a parent. and i didn't have a ride to a planned parenthood either. so i just went to a place here in town that offered free pregnancy tests.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this a clinic you called?

Do you have a doctor or other healthcare provider you see regularly for other things?

[ 08-05-2013, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaKiddo
Neophyte
Member # 108044

Yes it was a clinic and its the same place I go to for other things like check ups if I'm sick or something. And I asked what if I take a friend that's over 18 and they said they need a lot of paperwork so I decided not to go there.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.