Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help
Questions1
Neophyte
Member # 107318

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Questions1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the 22nd day of my cycle. My period should be here sometime this week. All day today i have been experiencing discharge when i use the bathroom that is light red to dark in colour. There isnt much in my underwear its mostly when i use the bathroom and when i wipe it is slightly pinkish on the toilet paper. To me this sounds like implantation bleeding but im a virgin so i highly doubt that. What could this be? Is my period just starting really slowly?
Posts: 30 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Questions1,

It's not unusual for a menstrual cycle to do something different every once in a while. For some of us, every cycle is different.

So, it could well be that your period is starting early with light bleeding.

It's also possible that you're having some spotting between periods, which also isn't unusual.

So, I'd suggest just hanging in there and seeing whether this turns into your period or just goes away.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questions1
Neophyte
Member # 107318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questions1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i will thank you. So it probably isnt anything serious right? And if this does stop will my period still come?
Posts: 30 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't know exactly what's happening with your body and if this is your period, spotting, or anything else. But as Robin said, what you're describing doesn't sound like anything unusual in terms of the normal variation that periods can have. Your best bet here is to do your best to relax and see what happens.
Posts: 1350 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.