Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » can't seem to get past this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can't seem to get past this
Tacosforcharity
Neophyte
Member # 107549

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tacosforcharity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i posted a topic on here a while back, i was having a pregnancy scare at the time, and the replies on this site said that i didn't have a viable risk at all since i never had any penile-vaginal sex, and even if i did have a pregnancy risk, be it small, i had plan b backing me up all the time.

my problem is that i can't seem to shake off the scare that i just had, and i feel as if i'm scaring my boyfriend away because i can't be intimate with him anymore because i constantly scare myself that if i continue doing the same things with him (that apparently do not really have a viable pregnancy risk) i will get pregnant, much more, actual intercourse. at times, i even convince myself that there was a risk and i lead myself to believe that i am pregnant. crazy, right?

how do i get past this? i'm paranoid all the time to the point that i'm terrified of pregnant women. [Frown]

--------------------
We'll run wild! We'll be glowing in the dark!

Posts: 24 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tacosforcharity,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling so much right now.

To clarify something you've said: Reading through your last thread, it looks like you were posting about something that was considered to not be a risk at all, not something that could possibly be a risk.
I have a few questions:

What things are you doing that are making you afraid? Even if you know factually that they don't lead to pregnancy, it's okay to feel like you're not ready to do them and to take them off the list of possible things you and your boyfriend do together. I think this was discussed in your last thread to. [Smile]

Have you experienced this kind of fear and anxiety about other things in your life? If so, what has helped you deal with those other fears and anxieties?

What are you doing now when you experience this pregnancy fear?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tacosforcharity
Neophyte
Member # 107549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tacosforcharity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, it's not really what i do that makes me so terrified, i guess it's just the trauma of a pregnancy scare (even if there really wasn't a risk to begin with), and also the thought of actually doing something that has even a slim chance of me becoming pregnant that i can't take back.

well, i decided to see my guidance counsellor, and she says that i might have some things, maybe they're not big things, just little things that are all bunched up, and i'm taking them out as a fear of pregnancy.

Posts: 24 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What your guidance counselor suggested seems quite plausible to me. Are you going to talk with her again?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tacosforcharity
Neophyte
Member # 107549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tacosforcharity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i really do want to see her again. well anyway, now my mom knows (she kind of forced it out of me) that i've been going through so much but i didnt tell her about me and my boyfriend getting *that* physical. she just feels that there is a risk that we'll have sex soon, and my mom really isn't open to premarital sex, and neither am i, and i'm kind of ashamed.

i really do feel like my mom shouldn't know about my stresses because of the things she would do to me, but it really would have been nice to have her as like, a support group [Frown]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.